Wandering for a Year

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

WanderingPoet

Wandering for a Year

Post by WanderingPoet » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:02 am

Ah Yeto - he really has been a blast to play - even nearly a year after I started him he has much story left. The Wandering Healer, Airwalker, Councilor, jack of many trades, and for many a friend. After a decade of persistent world roleplay Yeto is definitely at the top as one of my favourite characters of all time - and he'll be around a good while longer. In that time Yeto has met over six hundred different people - which just shows the diversity of characters!

To the staff, and especially Mithreas for making Favoured Soul such a fun class - thank you for what you've done to make Arelith great. Now for some Kudos, having met such a high number of characters its impossible to name everyone, but know it has been a blast to run into you all! Here is to another great year Wandering the isle~

The Elves
- Alenduil - One of Yeto's closest friends from old, it was a shame to see him leave the isle - he was always a blast to have around. He really helped Yeto understand himself better as a priest and an elf
- Astra and Seel - Can't have one without the other - they're an interesting pair that both makes Yeto want to facepalm, and congratulate them, they're definitely good for eachother and I enjoy seeing where it goes!
- Elriel Dy'nesin - Elriel is great, Yeto did have a bit of a hero complex with her when she was enslaved but enjoys just spending time with her - a nice (if someone crazy) elf
- Fe'dath Merladiel - Fe'dath is great! With all of Yeto's old friends gone she certainly took a spot as a new friend, they have such different personalities but care about the same things, the same people and I think they understand eachother well
- Isania Te'india - Yeto's first really close friend and confidant, she really helped him through a lot of struggles. He is still hoping to see her again some day!
- Jadoth Dawnfire - Grumpy Elf! But Yeto's little Brother, they may not always get along (and often don't) but Yeto genuinely wants the best for him and wants him to grow up to be /happy/
- Kalyin - Snake druid, most frustrating drow in existance! But it's good fun too!
- Keryvian Starym - Yeto and Kery don't get along to well on many many many things, they're often opposites on outlooks but Yeto certainly respects Keryvian, the grumpy boss
- Kron - We actually only interacted directly once (though that should change at some point!), but that RP was fun and the occasional aggressive goblin at the most inopportune times always makes me laugh a little
- Lunarya Amaris - Another one of Yeto's Old Closest friends, I was sad to see she lost her house and left the isle, she was one of the few that understood Yeto for himself and that he trusted to be an ear to hear. I also have 15 books waiting for you!
- Maikan Nutshimit - We didn't get to interact much, but you gave Yeto hope to learn more of his past and his people!
- Myr Ellan - Yeto had a huge amount of respect for Myr and I miss the player and the character, Myr was awesome
- Nicodemus San-Lanargaith - Yeto's longest running pal, literally from his second day on the isle when Alenduil and Nico dragged him to the art festival with Lunarya - I enjoy all our interactions and look forward to more!
- Ophelia - Probably Yeto's favourite elf to run into, even more than his friends - she was just a joy to be around. He'll treasure the gloves she made for him, in all their Lilac Loveliness
- Saelys Norr'elrvis - Can't complete the list without Saelys of course, the third of Yeto's closest friends from old - I'm glad to see she is back - she helped Yeto understand what he wanted from the world, and how to live in it with all its perils
- Snow Emil - The new crowd of friends, although it took months (IG years) for him to truly appreciate her as a friend rather than a boss, she has turned into one of his closest confidants. Now that she is his sister, even in name, there is no one closer to him than Snow.
- Sol'vyr - Sol'vyr was such a big jerk, breaking Yeto's amulet, costing him an eye and almost killing him - but he was a great nemesis. One day I'll sneak into the arcanum and murder him back :)
- Talindra Seli'tafenei - These two had by far the worst courting possible, years of trying to have a date - but I think in the end they were still good friends, even if Isania never got them Together like she wanted
- Xellree - A new friend from a surprising source, teaching him of Akadi has been a blast and I look forward to more interactions!

- Alice Scarlett-Blake - Another Healer! The first other Healer Yeto met and actually did quite a bit to shape Yeto's desire to be a skilled healer, and to walk that Path
- Azaria - Zoooooooom. Yeto may not like dragons, but Azaria is kin and cool, and has wings of which how can anyone not be jealous?
- Tryn Dralar - Tryn is cool.

The Humans
- Anden Smith - A good friend and taught Yeto a lot, was a shame to lose him
- Chaesendra Desmantes - Not a super close friend to Yeto, but it was always great adventuring with Chae and Raz
- Corbin - I've quite enjoyed the fellow bird-nature-person RP, and Corbin while in many ways the opposite of Yeto is a great friend for him to have. I look forward to their future interactions, and Corbin's interroga- I mean, interviews! Most of all, Corbin is direct, which is a nice change.
- Dante Lyons - We never met in game but you're responsible for the Zodiac of Akadi on the Crags, it has led to a lot of fun RP, so thank you!
- Eric Lugger - One of Yeto's few human friends he had for most of his first decade, always fun to run into you! I always liked the dynamic of patient healer and occassionally zealous paladin
- Lacroix Sudentan - The interactions between Lacroix and Yeto have always been mild, he is a rock and Yeto knows he'll be there to back everyone up
- Margula - my other long term Akadi friend, I hope you come back some more I always enjoy our interactions even if they're both busy wandering too much
- Raziel Stormshadow - Good friends, a shame you don't have time to play anymore but adventuring and discussing the world was always a blast
- Sarina Dragonsong - From Friends to sort of frienemies - there is always respect and a nice time when these two run into eachother, even if they're sort of at war - but doesn't mean you can have some tea~
- Shea Webber - Like Xellree, a new friend from a surprising source, teaching her about Akadi has been a lot of fun
- Tadala - The Grove Mother, she really had a significant effect on Yeto's path into nature, between her and Nico - without them he'd have never ascended the Dreaming Tree and finished his ranger training
- The Waynolts - The Waynolt family has always been friendly to Yeto, and they're great when you just want to relax and enjoy a quiet evening of RP~
- Vance Gravelle - I haven't actually interacted with Vance more than once since he returned, but the ripple effects of his existence have affected Yeto - especially after he murdered Scarlett.

The Earthkin
- Birgitta Swordhill - Birdie was really cool, a shame I didn't get to see more of her but she ran a tight ship and it was great to watch
- Buppi - Buppi is... A Buppi, that's for sure. Things went up, things went down, hopefully one day this hin will feel happy.
- Dylo Titanstomper - Dylo was cool, one of the few Gnomes that Yeto could call a friend!
- Ghestaldt Blimth - The Thane is awesome, I've a deep respect for the character and player IC and OOC
- Gorudan Vintergard - Friend, Uncleish, mentor and mentee, Yeto and Gorudan rely on eachother and are able to see through eachother's darkness.
- Jasper Highfen - Getting to know Jasper more, he is great - looking forward to more time throwing books at you! Jasper is just such a solid character, both a nephew and a friend.
- Lissa Whitehorn - Lissa is awesome, I love the gnome-mechanical stuff she does, I hope to see more of it, even if Yeto doesn't understand it at all!
- Merry Fuzzypaw - Merry is the sweetest little hin that Yeto got to meet when she was still new to the isle, I don't actually remember why they wandered off on an adventure other than because 'why not?'! But now that she is Mayor I look forward to more interactions when Yeto returns.
- Naly Gottrasdottir - The only dwarf Yeto has been able to call a friend, he needs to get out there more
- Scarlett Highfen - Scar is a curious one, distant yet not, I look forward to getting to knowing her more! Yeto and Scarlett don't have much in common and they show they care in very different ways, but they both see that caring.
- The Dirtytoes - Dazza, Andy, Alex - Friends of a sort since Yeto arrived, though you disagree on many things with Yeto and you've mostly lost touch he doesn't hold any ill will

Others
- Amadeo - Super speed monk, wise even if Yeto and him sometimes disagree. The player behind the character is great as well!
- Azrael - Azrael oh Azrael, you taught Yeto a lot about war and faith and led Yeto to personal victories, a shame that he could not be there to prop Azrael up in turn
- Dewdrop Breezemeadow - Dewdrop, my favourite fae, always fun to have her zip on over!
- Feluka Foxwood - Feluka, crazy werewolf lady of Selune - in a way she was like a little sister to Yeto, a shame he couldn't save her from herself
- Silverclaw - Silverclaw is the only gnoll Yeto isn't scared of, and the only one he respects. A shame hes a gnoll though!
Last edited by WanderingPoet on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:46 am, edited 10 times in total.
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Hammerwell

Re: Wandering for a Year

Post by Hammerwell » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:45 am

Happy Areliversary!

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by woodbreeze » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:42 pm

I can't believe I never saw this.. =(

Thank you so much for the kudos, dear! I can't describe how wonderful it's been to have met and roleplayed with Yeto! He certainly is a unique character, and behind him is an even greater player. Thank you for going out of your way constantly to make everyone feel welcomed, and thank you for creating such wonderful stories through your character. <3 Saelys is glad to have Yeto as one of her closest friends.

AngelicReaper

Post by AngelicReaper » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:16 am

Poor Yeto knows not yet what is to come from the Xell >:) its a load of fun having him around and kinda picking on the wind elf >.>, Love the rp with Yeto! Look forward to future teachings!
Tree's have feelings too....

Tryn Dralar

Post by Tryn Dralar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:09 am

lol Thanks for the "Cool" points. Yeto is someone I knew of before I made Tryn but didn't get to know. With Tryn, much Like Yeto for you, Tryn is my Fav character of all time hands down. I'm actually interacting with folks far more than I ever have with this character. Hope to get to know Yeto better.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:17 am

Yeto is honestly one of my favorite elves. Wish I would see much more of him.

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Echohawk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:16 am

He plays like a Neutral Good in my mind. Yeto has this ease about him that instills a sort of healthy comfort you might expect from a healer. Sarina's own experience has very much been affected by the continued contact of this individual, there is never a dull scene between the two of them and I have to wonder sometimes in an alternative story lines what might might've happened.

It's characters like Yeto that continue to drive me as a player to really strive for that long term narrative, which can be tricky to maintain especially when activity on the servers calms down for a period of time. But I am so glad you're still with us.

(That being said, I meant to include you as well on my own kudos thread, and I am so terribly sorry about that.)

+1 for 'sort of at war' hehehe
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:51 am

ily
20 RPR GANG

Roshamboe

Post by Roshamboe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:56 pm

Very fine PC. Hope for more interaction.

Arithel 98

Post by Arithel 98 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Kudos to the Airwalker for some epic'ly well done RP i've been thankful to have been involved in over the past few months. Keep it up mate!

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:51 am

Thanks for the mention! Yeto is always a fun character to interact with even if just briefly. And the little protective talk that he had with Alice not only caught her off guard but caught me off guard as a player. Looking forward to another year of Yeto's wandering!

Oh the year was 1778...

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:44 am

Adding one more to this!

Corbin - I've quite enjoyed the fellow bird-nature-person RP, and Corbin while in many ways the opposite of Yeto is a great friend for him to have. I look forward to their future interactions, and Corbin's interroga- I mean, interviews!
These tools reveal,
More is learned,

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:29 am

<3! Sexy Yeto. I can't wait for more rp when our times line up!

*Hug!*
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:33 am

Yeto is on vacation to the mainland for a time, not sure yet when he'll be back. But adding two others to the list:

- Gorudan Vintergard - Friend, Uncleish, mentor and mentee, Yeto and Gorudan rely on eachother and are able to see through eachother's darkness.

- Merry Fuzzypaw - Merry is the sweetest little hin that Yeto got to meet when she was still new to the isle, I don't actually remember why they wandered off on an adventure other than because 'why not?'! But now that she is Mayor I look forward to more interactions when Yeto returns.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:55 am

hmm...

mazeofthorns

Post by mazeofthorns » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:53 pm

While not mentioned I did enjoy driving the calm serene Yeto a little crazy with the refusal to share certain details. I really enjoyed the little RP we had. Thanks for making a memorable character for the rest of us!
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:48 am

Five new names, mostly team evil, from my time the last couple months. Yeto has been fun, but sometimes bad things happen to even the nicest of healers - especially if you're an elf. Poor Yeto. Thank you everyone for the great RP over the last year and a half plus!

- Amadeo - Super speed, super old monk, wise even if Yeto and him sometimes disagree. The player behind the character is great as well!

Team EVIL
- Kalyin - Snake druid, most frustrating drow in existance! But it's good fun too!
- Kron - We actually only interacted directly once (though that should change at some point!), but that RP was fun and the occassional aggressive goblin at the most inopportune times always makes me laugh a little
- Vance Gravelle - I haven't actually interacted with Vance more than once since he returned, but the ripple effects of his existence have affected Yeto - especially after he murdered Scarlett.
- Sol'vyr - Sol'vyr was such a big jerk, breaking Yeto's amulet, costing him an eye and almost killing him - but he was a great nemesis. One day I'll sneak into the arcanum and murder him back :)
These tools reveal,
More is learned,