Rollia Danlenocelle

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Commissar

Rollia Danlenocelle

Post by Commissar » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:32 am

Boy, but this one was a ride. Relia's set her sail to the winds and returned home to the shores of Evermeet - a little older, a little wiser, and greatly relieved. All going well, I'll get a story up on the how of that sometime in the next week.

In the meantime it's time to give credit where it's well and truly due. Thank you to everyone she interacted with - it was an absolute ball, and if I were to list everyone here, I wouldn't leave the keyboard before Christmas. It was your care and patience that took her from the heights of arrogance to - Well. More of the same. Let's call a rabbit a rabbit. Thank you to everyone who put up with her stubborn insistence to speak only elven - I know how frustrating that can be, so my heartfelt thanks to those who stuck with her. You've got the patience of saints.

Particular thanks; however, are due to the following awesome people:

--

The 'What Might-Have-Been' - Jarreyn Renault
What an unlikely pair. Jarreyn, the soiled Luskan thug turned mercenary, and the Sun Elf with nothing but contempt for anything more military than a quill. Jarreyn wasn't, perhaps, the sharpest tool in the shed; but boy oh boy did he learn. Not just elven, (though there were certainly enough conversations-via-charades for that), but the scheming ways of sun elves. Relia had never been more proud then when he started plotting against the dhaerrow all by himself - and, perhaps, a little hurt at the loss of the person he had been. He was one of two humans she might have called friend - and, in her own way, she came to love him.

Not that she would ever have admitted it.

The Harbingers of Reality - Buppi & Celendil Silverspear
You both know how much I adore your characters, but I'm going to say it again here. These two were the reason Relia clambered down from her ivory tower, more often then not, and were there for her far more than she any right to expect. They taught her everything she never wanted to know about the other races, and those few times these three raised their voices at each other stand out to me as some of the best scenes I've been a part of on the server.

The Fallen Friend - Lodi Orvathar
Lodi's still a monster, but he's the kind of monster that hits closest to home. The sort of monster that has a person and a reason, buried under everything else. Like every other character cj touches, he was beautifully written, beautifully played, and beautifully tragic. He's the sort of villain other villains wish they could be. Rest well, humble rice merchant.

The Bad Guys - Hannah, Kolja the Thayan, and Roland Asen
You're the very best at being bad. Our interactions were brief but, boy, what a bang. Relia'll carry those scars until her grandchildren's grandchildren walk the realms. Pulling the bad guy cart is a tough gig, and you three did it with aplomb. Thank you for making the server that much more interesting for the rest of us.

The Rangers - Nicodemus and Myr
The silent and the serious, and very likely the only thing keeping poor Relia from getting herself killed any given day of the week. Nicodemus was a bastion of stability in an oft-crazy Myon, and Myr did wonders to keep Relia grounded. Both were beautifully written, and I still log in half-expecting to see Myr's name on the list. There was too little time, but I'll remember what there was fondly.

The Adopted Family - Tialirr, Venna, Tymeaneldth
Anyone with a wisdom score over 8 would have said that putting four sun elves with more magical power than sense in the same tower wasn't going to end well. Well, boy oh boy, did we prove them wrong. There's a reason mages live in towers. Thanks for being part of that one, even if we were scattered across more timezones than there are stars in the sky.

The Vendetta - Lunarya
Bats still don't belong in the library. Lunarya; however, does. There's nothing like a bit of petty bickering to help characters develop. We had a handful of interactions, but it was always a pleasure to see Lunarya's name on the playerlist and know that, somewhere, she was off doing her thing.

The Ally - Eldwyn Leofricsson
The second of the humans Relia actually deigned to trust; and utterly immune to her rudeness. In the end, she grew to respect him more than she would ever have admitted to the man's face. There were more similarities between them she could ever have been persuaded to see, I think. I like to imagine there were a great many more fireside conversations had in the Guldorand winter.

Kin & Council - Elves of Myon
I can't spell half your names without them in front of me. I'm sorry. Nonetheless, you folks rocked hard, and rocked relentlessly. Vanion was the father figure we didn't deserve, and all his council put far more effort into trying to squeeze coordination from elves then anyone had any right to expect. It's like herding particularly headstrong cats. Thanks to everyone that volunteered to pick up the nets, scratches and all, and make the settlement go. It's all that hard work that makes a place feel alive, and it truly is appreciated - even by those of us too far away to make it to the council meetings.

Magic & Mystery - Jacob Swift
It is an established fact that necromancers aren't to be trusted. Archmage Swift; however, gives such wonderful lectures that it's very hard not to like him all the same. Seriously. They're still happening. Go and listen to them. Never before have I been so glad to have a semester that left my Thursday mornings free to rock on up. Thank you for the wonderful lectures, and all the RP that I'm sure Jacob's getting up to behind everyone's back.
May you live in interesting times.
Manticore, on Sun Elves wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure the racism is like a mating ritual or something. Like plumes on birds.

gilescorey

Re: Rollia Danlenocelle

Post by gilescorey » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:13 am

I really loved Relia, on Lodi and Kolja both. I've posted things in the past that are more verbose than anything I could manage at the moment but she was a great character. I love you Comm

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:37 am

As long as it has been since I saw Relia in game, I am not ready for this

You make the good things with the characters and stuff. Relia came over as older than she was and younger than she wanted to be, sometimes. A an awesome mixture of phenomenal intellect and sometimes hilarious naivety. She is the reason that when Eldwyn speaks elven - which she singlehandedly taught him - it is slightly convoluted and indirect. An astonishing thing for the scarred and bitter elfmage, to become an old man's best friend.

Between you and cj, everything's been said.
Last edited by Aodh Lazuli on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:41 am

Didn't play with Relia lots (and I can't remember her nickname, which is bothering me...), but from our few interactions I was glad that Jerry introduced her and Sara. I will never forget the amazingly described set of equipment she made.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

flower

Post by flower » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:27 am

Venna, a Sun Elf?
She is Wild Elf as her sister Ravarora. You do not want to call her "Sun Elf" Ig :D

Relia was fun especially when teamed up with Tialirr.

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Relia! Oh how Buppi worked hard to make her a decent person that got off her high horse to live with the masses. She was a good friend though, even if she saw him as a lesser race. To learn to weld a sword, helping with magical needs, their talks and walks. It was grandest of times.

Oh, and sorry about the arrow in the leg and face burns. We did our best to heal you up!

bwpsycho

Post by bwpsycho » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Relia was a good turning point in Red's absolute hatred of eleven snootiness.

Thanks for all the fun.

JediZero

Post by JediZero » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:32 pm

Jacob will miss the jabbing debates between himself and Lady Danlenocelle. :( Here's hoping she finds peace, wherever she ends up.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:26 am

I remember the, like, three times Angela ever spoke to her, she would get flustered before regaining composure.. and sometimes never even get that far. She was the epitome of Myonese Elven Culture for Angela.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

FrozenNarhan

Post by FrozenNarhan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:37 pm

To echo the previous sentiments...she will be missed! (However that means you, Comm, should never be a stranger!)

Relia was broken. Despite her ailments she stood tall, conducted herself as a Lady, and a Lady of Myon (no matter her standing) no less!

This is one of those elegant characters that instead of taking down a peg, Nicodemus sought to shield her from the mud of the world if he could. After all it's a Knight's duty to defend a Lady...even the road torn, worn out, scarred, mischievous ones!

I thoroughly enjoyed every interaction and am left wanting more...