Kingdom Come Deliverence

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

dirza

Kingdom Come Deliverence

Post by dirza » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:35 am

Very loong time in developing. Partially because the small company focused on as historical accuracy as possible.

Rpg. Medieval. No magic, no dragons.

If you like, support our small company, please, we dont have too many game companies in our small country :D and even less of those producing similar RPGs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOkd-Lmmcb4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYDhmErgiuw

flower

Re: Kingdom Come Deliverence

Post by flower » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:22 pm

IT is finally coming out on 13rd!

Few leaked videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... w9wAnL0Xvc

Grunf

Post by Grunf » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:08 pm

You worked on it dirza?

flower

Post by flower » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:15 pm

No, waited for it like five years. First such game ever made in my country. And it is focused on Czech medival history, you wont find magic or dragons in.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:06 pm

The game does look fairly interesting, might give it a look when it's out.

flower

Post by flower » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:59 pm

The storylinie takes time in age after death of Charles IVth, the German holy Emperor and Bohemian (Czech) king. He made Prague flourish, imrpoved the life level, lifted the kingdom's power. He however forced his son to attend all meetings, which led to his son having no interest in ruling, being bored by it. His son Wenceslauw IVth prefered to spend life by feasts, luxury, having others to rule instead. The kingdom got on decline. As a weak king, he had been twice in life taken hostage by czech nobility. And once by Hungary king, his relative (and Brother). The story is placed into time of this event, "Cumans" was name for people from Hungary Kingdom (in deeper past there was tribe cumans located there).

This is why the main character in one trailer speaks of king as about always drunken man.

The end rule of king was marked by hussite uprising. When a John Hus had been burnt at stake on council even after granted safety guarancees from Emperor. He had been calling for return to the idea of poor Church and getting rid of the riches and selling out forgivness for sins. His death raised masses of people all over Bohemian lands and Wenceslauw IVth died of heart attack. Hussite wars started with rebels defeating several crusages onto Bohemia (finally defeated by own moderate wing of the movement in the end).

The designers of the game promised to make it as accurate as possible, even attending to the details like clothing and its colors. They often consulted it with people from history colleges.

flower

Post by flower » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Playing it some hours...

....only three saves and each uses one potion
....auto saves when taking q or finishing it

....so if you die in the middle, you got to go trough all again. If you fall off cliff, you must replay it again, if you ride wildly trough city, run into anyone, and impact sends you over horses head, getting killed on crash landing, you must replay :D

...quests are often in time limit. Lord tells you to go somewhere...no more jumping aside doing side quests or going shopping - quest failed in time.
...realistic combat, hard from the start, more opponents are abysmall combat.

The world is rough, not forgiving anyhing. Dialogues often given like 30 secs to select answer. Failure is ever present and player must cope with it.

Full of medieval humour. So far best scene i have met...talking with priest who knows details on murders but cannot reveal it, religious secrets. But you go out to get drunk with him. He preaches against Church (the time lime is set before John Hus burnt at stake!) while wasting one jug of wine after another. Then comes in bailif of town kicking you both out after midnight.
Bailif: "I will write letter to the bishop about your behave!"
Priest: "Well then it is good i am the only one who can WRITE here!"

Brawl followed...then priest and PC character climb up onto church's tower with women, fully drunk, ringing bell while priest vomits down from window....both having fun with female company and then second day walking in circles in the field among sheep with priest doing "Beee...beee...beee!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81LYhV9p6nk

:D

Xanos950

Post by Xanos950 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:39 pm

people already figured out how to break the game ez clap.

- stealthkill guards and sell stolen stuff at a miller for unlimited ez money
- get the sword that does extra damage on stabs and just stab everyone to death in 1-2 hits no matter their armor for ez combat
- mass brew safe potions through alchemy which is super ez. Or just steal it from the guards you've been slaughtering to afford being able to talk to people. lul.

I love this game

flower

Post by flower » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Are people who play it for RPG experience and are people who enjoy to abuse bugs and errors.

Lol. To each his own.

Patches changed many things, and i had no luck with stabbing against platemail parts of armours. Sadly, i already finished the storylinie :/

And i used like two saving potions per whole game :lol:

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:07 pm

Its out and I want to play it badly but heard it was a horrid buggy mess atm, which is a shame as the game is like, right up my ally.
\

flower

Post by flower » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:11 pm

BegoneThoth wrote:Its out and I want to play it badly but heard it was a horrid buggy mess atm, which is a shame as the game is like, right up my ally.

I played it on the patch 1.2 which was out the day it got released on steam, and in general did not run into many bugs, actually only two.

First one is you sometimes when stepping back in combat get into air lol and second night attack on castle did not trigger update of Q when reaching target position. Otherwise i did not experience any bugs at all, well i do not also set to exploit heavily any errors IG i just simple play RPG as a casual player liking the story :D

Next week should be out another patch. But if you play on a console the issue is patches need certification which prevented game on console being updated as soon as they made fixes.

Also...

I heavily not reccomend to drink bottle of spirit and use fast travel on map. I did, and my character fainted in the middle, waking up on quite opposite side of the map, in place where you cannot use fast travel...aka..."How the hell did i get here?" text when popping into game from map from character, above cliff, and below steep cliffs too, got down only for cost of broken leg and nearly dead from falling :lol:

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm

I was plannin on using the mod that lets you save at any time due to reviews and such I read.
\

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:58 pm

BegoneThoth wrote:I was plannin on using the mod that lets you save at any time due to reviews and such I read.
You get used to the saving mechanics. Its not too bad, just need to sleep somewhere to save as well. It does get tedious though sometimes but nothing too bad.

About the game itself I am soaking hours into it, its great fun! But yes there are a lot of bugs, nothing game breaking yet but mostly tedious stuff like a quest reward is not given to you (Happened once); I won a horse race and was to be rewarded the FINEST SADDLE but got nothing :/

A.I issues with some trainers when you fight them and after you win the trainer will moan I hurt him and fine me for 200 and lower my reputation in the city.

Rendering issues with layered clothing/gear/armor.

My horse also vanished (Happened once) and I could not whistle on it to get it to spawn nearby so I had to backtrack to where it was lost and get lucky to find it again; seems it was stuck in some weird falling down animation.

flower

Post by flower » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:28 pm

Well the game is out few days only and they got a team working on bug fixes. Or so said the designer.

And first DLC is coming. A complete storylinie for female character :D

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:20 am

I own the game and it's pretty fun, -very- immersive, but last time I played it, it was pretty poorly optimised. Which meant my PC was struggling a bit! I run a GeForce GTX 970 with 8gb of RAM .. don't know much more about PCs than that, but happy to provide more specs if it helps anyone decide to buy it.