Discussion: Remembering the Fugue

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Discussion: Remembering the Fugue

Post by Ork » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Yep, we call that a consequence. Majority of people reciprocate RP based on what they're given. If you're a dip shit, don't be surprised to receive it in return. This goes for death RP too, don't be surprised if you use it as a crutch that other people reciprocate the effort.

Lazy gets lazy RP. Tired of lazy RP? Don't be lazy.

Kreydis

Post by Kreydis » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:11 pm

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying you've literally stated how you're willing to break rules because someone isn't half as good/willing a RPer as you.
It's a Dwarf, no it's a Dragon, no it's a Halfling! I think.

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Kreydis wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying you've literally stated how you're willing to break rules because someone isn't half as good/willing a RPer as you.
"Jail time" isn't necessarily "okay sit in this cell and do nothing for 8 hours until Commander John logs on"

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:01 pm

?????????????
:)

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Kreydis wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying you've literally stated how you're willing to break rules because someone isn't half as good/willing a RPer as you.
Cherry picking my words isn't really endearing. At no point am I condoning rule breaking, you're going to have to remind me what rule you're alluding to.

RP has consequences, and that's part of the fun of it. At no point does RP cease. If all you ever do is *nods* at people and run after murdering someone in the streets, you shouldn't expect people to bend over backwards to accommodate your fun.

RP is a two way street, and ultimately you get back what you put in.

Kreydis

Post by Kreydis » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:18 pm

And you're picking cases of people that aren't even roleplaying, they're literally just griefers at that point and I'm not arguing otherwise. But should someone do something besides murder and then run constantly you would be blatantly breaking 4 and 2. You need a bit of a line of separation when it comes to RPers and griefers, because if the quality of criminal RP you're experiencing is so low their should be some reports flung around.
It's a Dwarf, no it's a Dragon, no it's a Halfling! I think.

hikoisnumber1

Post by hikoisnumber1 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:18 pm

Coming back to a once-stimulating thread after a weekend away...
Ork wrote:
Cherry picking my words isn't really endearing.
@Cortex: Lol.

How adorable, an alt account.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:54 pm

First things first, regarding the side-discussion. Having been a part of two major guard factions for more than a year, the side discussion about jail is unnecessary, because it is literally possible for anyone to escape from the jails in both Cordor and Wharftown unless there is someone inside monitoring you 24/7 and actively prohibiting you from escaping (in which case you are not being deprived of RP). Edit: And if they kill you to keep you there, the 24 hour rule kicks in and you're free to respawn and go do your thing

Next, I will second the sentiment that I don't believe an increased XP loss on death is necessary. Versus other players is fine (I'm not interested in griefer arguments- griefers are not valid subjects where the rules are concerned, because we have rules to deal with griefers), but there is still a great deal of the server that I haven't explored that I will never feel incentivized to explore as a player if there is a chance that dying once or twice in a few seconds will undo one or two weeks of real life work.

Assuming that the design direction is to encourage players to explore, increasing XP loss vs. NPC's has the opposite effect in my case. The respawn penalty strikes me as appropriate enough.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:27 pm

I've been captured plenty. Never had an instance where there weren't people around for RP while I was in the cell, and generally, justice is quick on this server. Most guard organizations know how to delegate, so you don't spend a day waiting for so and so, and if you did... just don't eat? Your character will die in about 3 hours from starvation and such.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)