Passing of Galahad-player

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Tashalar

Passing of Galahad-player

Post by Tashalar » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:52 am

As posted on the Arelith! Represent Facebook page a few hours ago, I'm relaying it here for non-Facebookers:
Carl Godwin wrote:I wanted to let you who knew him know that Galahad, the founder of Benwick in Arelith passed away today. I will provide any wishes you have to his widow.
#2: Archmage Swift's Spellduel Rules
#3: "But I'm An Abjurer, I Can't Conjure!"
#4: This Spellbook Is Fire
#5: Think For Once, Archmage Amana
#6: Cor, What A Stunner
#8: Sigermane Special
#9: What Is This, Cordor In The Fifties?

Silverrock

Re: Passing of Galahad-player

Post by Silverrock » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:54 am

Please pass on my sympathy and condolences.
"If you're (finding excuses to kill people) I will find you and destroy you..." -DM Watchtower

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:13 am

Sadface :(

Condolences from me too.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:28 am

It's now nearly a decade and a half since that first generation of Arelith players, and from time to time I do get wondering how they all are.

We've lost members of this community before, and while it may seem very distant now, especially to our newer players, many of these people helped shape what Arelith has become.

In the light of such a loss a game like this must definitely seem very trivial, but fifteen thousand players later, and 13 years, we've got a lot to be grateful to those early pioneers for.

For myself many of my characters were keen historians of the isle, and the (colourful) story of Galahad is one I remember all too well. He brought fun to those around him here, and had people talkng for many years after his departure from the server.

The best wishes of our community to his family.

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Man, that is sad to hear. He shaped the history of this place in the way early years, and had helped to get the server off the ground both in bringing players, and in technical help of hosting.

Irongron has a good point too. After all these years, its important to remember all the people along the way. The Arelith flag flies at half mast today.

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Bashagain » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:04 pm

I offer my sincere condolences. Given how much joy Benwick RP has brought and continue to bring us to this day, I just want to say "thank you" to our late Arelithian. Rest in peace, pioneer!
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63