Watching other people play Arelith!

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

GnomeInquisitor

Watching other people play Arelith!

Post by GnomeInquisitor » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:18 pm

I recently have gotten my twitch channel working, and was wondering if anyone would like to view it on my twitch channel. I won't post the link in fear of it being against the rules, though. But I would like to know other people's broadcast channels if they do the same as I do! Thanks in advance.

GnomeInquisitor

Re: Watching other people play Arelith!

Post by GnomeInquisitor » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm

Ahh what the heck, what's the worst that could happen if I post mine

www.twitch.tv/cruxvader

GnomeInquisitor

Post by GnomeInquisitor » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:49 pm

So no one else broadcasts Arelith? Wow, I feel like I've made progress in my life now. I must be a pioneer!

Xanos950

Post by Xanos950 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:29 am

why watch somebody rp when you can play it yourself? Also this topic is one year old btw

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:15 pm

Self promotion as powerful as this does not know the bounds of necromancy.

With The Sky Below My Feet

Post by With The Sky Below My Feet » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Ffed through the video for a minute, and outside of the debatable level of RP output, there are a few actual rulebreaks.

To point out a few, likely only a few because who actually has the time to watch 75 minutes of nearly textless grinding?

-Fetching when your companion isn't bugged
-Rule #4 (Openly shaming other players for misconduct by posting a video that points their mistakes out instead of addressing it to them only and/or the DMs and barely giving them a way to respond because of the means you have chosen)
-Rule #4 (No RP beforehand or afterwards PP)
-Rule #1 (RP)

Also, I would like to point people who participated in the "why the adversary against running"-thread to the last video on godhand's twitch channel and invite them to consider a moment if that's the type of roleplay / storytelling one would expect in a roleplaying environment such as Arelith.
Suddenly everyone's smiling.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:52 pm

With The Sky Below My Feet wrote:Ffed through the video for a minute, and outside of the debatable level of RP output, there are a few actual rulebreaks.

To point out a few, likely only a few because who actually has the time to watch 75 minutes of nearly textless grinding?

-Rule #4 (Openly shaming other players for misconduct by posting a video that points their mistakes out instead of addressing it to them only and/or the DMs and barely giving them a way to respond because of the means you have chosen)
-Rule #1 (RP)

Also, I would like to point people who participated in the "why the adversary against running"-thread to the last video on godhand's twitch channel and invite them to consider a moment if that's the type of roleplay / storytelling one would expect in a roleplaying environment such as Arelith.
Easy now
\

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:57 pm

A few notes:
1) It is indeed in poor taste to post a video publicly of another player breaking a rule instead of sending it to the DMs. I've removed it for that reason.
2) I'm not gonna watch the whole thing, but @With The Sky Below My Feet--unless you saw the player actually type -fetch, what you're seeing might just be the normal SD shadow behavior, which is to jump directly to an enemy the instant you engage them in melee.
3) A DM can speak to this, but I'm pretty certain that RP is not required before a PP by the rules. This has been discussed many times, and unless a DM responds and corrects this, I suggest you regard "RP before PP" as a shadow rule. This is not to say that it's good practice, but to claim it's a rulebreak is misleading.

With The Sky Below My Feet

Post by With The Sky Below My Feet » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:04 pm

-Fetch is quickslotted and used regularly, with server message responses.

Sorry about the RP/PP part if it's not clear.
Suddenly everyone's smiling.

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by AnselHoenheim » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:11 pm

I did broadcasted Arelith yesterday either, almost two hours of Minmir grinding, with some RP going on in the battlefield either, but as I am not using english on my broadcasts, I don't publish it here

Frostaspella

Post by Frostaspella » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Arelith is kinda of hard to stream due to the RP nature of the server. When I stream or watch a stream, I do not want to watch people RP. I rather be there and enjoy it myself. Plus it is to easy to metagaming watching another person RP on a stream. I do have a twitch account and I do stream but it's not Arelith. It's much funner to steam WoW content. Like the Kil'Jaeden fight in Tomb of Sargeras on mythic.... Just my two cents worth!
Frostaspella (Mage = Free Food and Drinks for all!)

Ski-U-Mah!
Skol Vikings!

#gopherfinalfour2018
#minnesotamarchtothealamo

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Pickpocket does not require roleplay. You must abide by the one item per real life day rule when it comes to pickpocket. However, that being said, roleplay with pickpocket adds to the situation and makes it more inclusive for both sides with greater risk - this often translate into an exp reward if we see it or adjustment in RPR if we feel it is contributing roleplay.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Voidstone Roulette

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:01 pm

With The Sky Below My Feet wrote:Ffed through the video for a minute, and outside of the debatable level of RP output, there are a few actual rulebreaks.

-Rule #1 (RP)

This is easily the most pretentious thing I have ever seen on this forum.

Calm yourself my dude, you are not a DM.
0 Bonus: Does not stay in character, rushes around from spawn to spawn killing things with little to no interaction.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:09 pm

I would never stream as I wouldn't want people pouring over years old twitch highlights to search for potential rule breaks.
\

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:09 pm

On the other hand, I'm sure that gilescorey would like to watch some elf sexy elven fun times shows... :3

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:34 am

you have to pay for those it's not free on twitch

Voidstone Roulette

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:32 am

TimeAdept wrote:you have to pay for those it's not free on twitch
If you're paying for that I do not think you are on Twitch.

You're on Discord.
0 Bonus: Does not stay in character, rushes around from spawn to spawn killing things with little to no interaction.