Going with the flow

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Winter83

Going with the flow

Post by Winter83 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:14 am

A thousand and one way gimping the character:

So. Being torn for days about the new character, about the numbers, how&why's,
I have a general idea of background race and reasoning behind the starter skills/feats. But starting out neutral, nothing decided aside the strenghts, weaknesses, interests, but all these will be bent.

I decided to go with the flow. Elder scrolls style. Going to increase those skills he used, pick those feats he was taught, or which he learned. (Or if there's not enough nudging, he'll gravitate towards his initial interests, and talents)
He'll be like a mold, every each player can easily leave an impression. If he's taught to read spellbooks I'll go with wizard no matter it was planned or not. If he's swayed to evil, he'll move that way. If he's tossed into the shadows, he'll be affected by it. If he get entangled with paladins he will put on the gloria above his head.
Let the story shape my character.
Might end up Rogue/Blackguard/bard/wizard in the end. But who cares. :lol:

Gods be merciful on me.
See ya soon in game fellows.

Stath

Re: Going with the flow

Post by Stath » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:19 am

God damn it man! Balthur was literally like a week from retirement!

I wish you the best of luck, mate. I had to re-roll about 10 times in total for Stath, because I'm the master of completely gimping my characters,
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:47 am

Stath wrote:God damn it man! Balthur was literally like a week from retirement!

I wish you the best of luck, mate. I had to re-roll about 10 times in total for Stath, because I'm the master of completely gimping my characters,
happens to me too... Seems like I need serious time untill I became a character where I felt comfort RPing.

And in other side, since I like to raise him toward epic levels, the build has to be too decent enough (in harmony with the RP concept too aswell as with the PvE capabilities)
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:50 am

Winter83 wrote:A thousand and one way gimping the character:

So. Being torn for days about the new character, about the numbers, how&why's,
I have a general idea of background race and reasoning behind the starter skills/feats. But starting out neutral, nothing decided aside the strenghts, weaknesses, interests, but all these will be bent.

I decided to go with the flow. Elder scrolls style. Going to increase those skills he used, pick those feats he was taught, or which he learned. (Or if there's not enough nudging, he'll gravitate towards his initial interests, and talents)
He'll be like a mold, every each player can easily leave an impression. If he's taught to read spellbooks I'll go with wizard no matter it was planned or not. If he's swayed to evil, he'll move that way. If he's tossed into the shadows, he'll be affected by it. If he get entangled with paladins he will put on the gloria above his head.
Let the story shape my character.
Might end up Rogue/Blackguard/bard/wizard in the end. But who cares. :lol:

Gods be merciful on me.
See ya soon in game fellows.
To me and in RP meanings, looks the perfect solution and how we usually should go.
In build meanings could be a serious crap, but who cares if FUN and RP (and hence FUN) is MAIN?

Good luck in that and hopping I could give to your character some goodness imprintment ;) (prayings for crossing IG and for good RP!)
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

DestroyerOTN

Post by DestroyerOTN » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Oooooh...

Making a -moldable...- mhmhmhwahahahahaa...

... EXCELLENT...
"Playin' nobody, no how since AR 112"
Griefmaker wrote:Personal choices regarding RP which[..] limit a character in some way[…] should in no way be an argument for changing something on the server