Paladin mounts

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Penglors

Paladin mounts

Post by Penglors » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:48 pm

You need the gift of riding to summon it, Right? A shame that you lose out on one of the features of the class, beacuse you dont have a gift.

I would like to suggest that you get something else intead of that mount on level five. Though, Im not entirely sure what would be suitable..

Tarkus the dog

Re: Paladin mounts

Post by Tarkus the dog » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:13 pm

A lion on fire!

Penglors

Post by Penglors » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Mm. I was thinking something maybe like a summon? (I mean like how hte blackguard gets one) but like, an angel or the like. Or perhaps some kind of unique buff they can cast on their blade? Or just more uses/day on the lay on hands ability.

taoofbalance

Post by taoofbalance » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:58 pm

Give them Divine Might for free at that level instead?
"Typical larval god fetus..."-Patrick Rothfuss.

Penglors

Post by Penglors » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:00 pm

taoofbalance wrote:Give them Divine Might for free at that level instead?
That would be pretty cool, I admit. But I dont know what the Devs would think of it. Would be awesome if one of them could pop into this thread and give their thoughts!

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:56 pm

Blackguards in comparison to paladins get didily squat. And as such are mostly used a as a dump class. They need some buffs themselves. I for one wish blackguards had "detect good feature" that functioned exactly like a paladin's "detect evil" Further more paladins have a bunch of spells black guards don't get and then spell like like abilities such as lay on hands.
"Knowing is half the battle!" -G.I.JOE!!!

METAL BAWKSES

Post by METAL BAWKSES » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:47 pm

CragOneEye wrote:Blackguards in comparison to paladins get didily squat. And as such are mostly used a as a dump class. They need some buffs themselves. I for one wish blackguards had "detect good feature" that functioned exactly like a paladin's "detect evil" Further more paladins have a bunch of spells black guards don't get and then spell like like abilities such as lay on hands.
Open CoT to evil so we can have some good smiters.
Active: Actually playing something again!
Hiatus:
Another wild mage
Inactive: Colette Fletcher
Colette Melchiott
Dhaun'stra
Sile
Fiore Vasari

FoxyPigeon

Post by FoxyPigeon » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:48 pm

The few spells BG's get do indeed stink, aside from bulls strength. I loooove the summons, especially the Doom Knight, but dang he's pretty worthless, especially when the previous summon is better than him. ;_;

For reference: http://i.imgur.com/qOJJ4b6.png?1

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:54 pm

FoxyPigeon wrote:The few spells BG's get do indeed stink, aside from bulls strength. I loooove the summons, especially the Doom Knight, but dang he's pretty worthless, especially when the previous summon is better than him. ;_;

Come on now. The Doomknight has a better Charisma Score.

And waaayyy more points in intelligence and wisdom. He must be a super good conversationalist.

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:56 pm

Rwby wrote:
FoxyPigeon wrote:The few spells BG's get do indeed stink, aside from bulls strength. I loooove the summons, especially the Doom Knight, but dang he's pretty worthless, especially when the previous summon is better than him. ;_;

Come on now. The Doomknight has a better Charisma Score.

And waaayyy more points in intelligence and wisdom. He must be a super good conversationalist.
He doe shave better ABA, and saves.

Dinosaur Space Program

Post by Dinosaur Space Program » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:53 pm

METAL BAWKSES wrote:Open CoT to evil so we can have some good smiters.
Had a BG smiter actually! It's perfectly feasible even without COT and is comparable to a paladin smiter and that was ages ago before all the buffs to fighter and assorted classes as well.

Problem is, it has the same limitations as a paladin smiter but with even less application to PvE. Which is the major reason you really do not see them. It's purely a PvP build in what it is built for. For someone like me who really doesn't seek out PvP, it was a huge investment for not a big return.
“The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!”
-Larry Niven

Historical Character List (Updated 9/20/19)

Ambigue

Post by Ambigue » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:25 pm

I think a good option would be to give the paladins a little cosmetic cookie at level 5. You know how monks get the glowy eyes once they hit level 20?

I think that paladins should get a glowy codpiece.

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:54 pm

Ambigue wrote:I think a good option would be to give the paladins a little cosmetic cookie at level 5. You know how monks get the glowy eyes once they hit level 20?

I think that paladins should get a glowy codpiece.
Or just a cookie, really. I'd be content with that. ''Paladin cookie" - effects, protection from evil for two seconds.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Secondary effect: a hidden counter increases by one with each Paladin cookie consumed. When the counter reaches X cookies, then the paladin takes on the large phenotype.

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:49 pm

Lorkas wrote:Secondary effect: a hidden counter increases by one with each Paladin cookie consumed. When the counter reaches X cookies, then the paladin takes on the large phenotype.
Make it donuts.

Ambigue

Post by Ambigue » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:08 pm

Lorkas wrote:Secondary effect: a hidden counter increases by one with each Paladin cookie consumed. When the counter reaches X cookies, then the paladin takes on the large phenotype.
Lord Darkbad Nepotism: "Well, Sir Brightlight GoodHammerSmiteMan, it seems your potent faith allowed you to smite evil, but is it strong enough to allow you to smite THE DIABEETUS?"

Sir Brightlight GoodHammerSmiteMan: *shovels more donuts into face, sobbing*

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:43 pm

ROFLCOPTER!

OxtailSoup

Post by OxtailSoup » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:11 am

When my character ran Light Keep, all I wanted was a summonable NPC girlfriend for him.

Shiny armour attracts all sorts of troublesome black clad women determined to take you from the path of right; deep down all you want is a well cooked meal, a conversation about your allotment full of berries situated in the tournament grounds and a clean marble floor in your quarters.
It's all a deep end.

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:15 am

OxtailSoup wrote:When my character ran Light Keep, all I wanted was a summonable NPC girlfriend for him.

Shiny armour attracts all sorts of troublesome black clad women determined to take you from the path of right; deep down all you want is a well cooked meal, a conversation about your allotment full of berries situated in the tournament grounds and a clean marble floor in your quarters.

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:27 am

Ambigue wrote:
Lord Darkbad Nepotism: "Well, Sir Brightlight GoodHammerSmiteMan, it seems your potent faith allowed you to smite evil, but is it strong enough to allow you to smite THE DIABEETUS?"

Sir Brightlight GoodHammerSmiteMan: *shovels more donuts into face, sobbing*
MY SIDES
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

Naiphe

Post by Naiphe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:40 pm

OxtailSoup wrote:When my character ran Light Keep, all I wanted was a summonable NPC girlfriend for him.

:mrgreen:

Ambigue

Post by Ambigue » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:51 pm

Naiphe wrote: :mrgreen:
*cricket sounds*

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Happy International Women's Day, everyone.

Convention of Blades

Post by Convention of Blades » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Lorkas wrote:Happy International Women's Day, everyone.
Sounds like the right thread. Happy Women's Day!
Bashagain wrote: "Daltanius is not a virgin!" Screeched the lying pillar of skulls - now with one less skull. The celibate knight sighed, silently lamenting the truth that he was still a twenty-eight-year-old virgin under a vow of chastity.

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Post by Dalenger » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:52 pm

Lorkas wrote:Happy International Women's Day, everyone.
Does his imply that the other 354 days in the year belong to men?
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.