Simplify Arelith

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Simplify Arelith

Post by The Rambling Midget » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:12 am

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:Is there a way we could get dicebags on arelith?
:lol:

Okay. Who wants to tell him?

I've answered this one too many times. It's someone else's turn.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Katze

Post by Katze » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:18 am

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:Is there a way we could get dicebags on arelith? On a lot of servers in the past, the majority of RP, especially conflict/pvp type RP was actually resolved through people rolling their skills and RPing rather than just PKing, and I'd really like to be able to take that route here. Perhaps dicebags already exist and I just don't have one or there's a mechanic I don't know about?
no, the devs do not plan to hand out dice bags. if you want to roll dice, use the console commands.
Whatever action one takes IG, con be explained by something logical.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:29 am

Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:13 am

*tosses a Kobold treat*

The reason is that if there are dice bags that broadcast numbers, it might give players the impression that they can use those numbers to force others to RP a certain way based on rolls and checks. As Katze suggested, the console can accomplish the same goal, but doesn't set down anything definitive, and therefore requires mutual consent.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:21 am

I didn't think of that, good point.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Katze

Post by Katze » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:33 am

The Rambling Midget wrote:*tosses a Kobold treat*

I only accept treats IG.
Whatever action one takes IG, con be explained by something logical.

zeylin17
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by zeylin17 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:00 pm

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:Is there a way we could get dicebags on arelith? On a lot of servers in the past, the majority of RP, especially conflict/pvp type RP was actually resolved through people rolling their skills and RPing rather than just PKing, and I'd really like to be able to take that route here. Perhaps dicebags already exist and I just don't have one or there's a mechanic I don't know about?
you can use console command to roll dice, but it's not visible by others... so it would be on an honors system. then just add in the ability/ranks to your rolls...

But I believe dice systems have been discussed before and nothing positive came from the idea from what I recall.