New Player, Can't Log In to Server(Time Out)

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

MollyFlogger42

New Player, Can't Log In to Server(Time Out)

Post by MollyFlogger42 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:47 pm

Hey everyone, new player here to Arelith. After growing bored with MMO's lately, I've decided to find a nice community somewhere online and kind of settle down. My searching eventually brought me here. I enjoyed NWN but never really had much of a chance to play it online.

I've got my game installed and could log into the Surface server to create my character, read the rules, get my forum password generated, etc. However when I use the door, it starts to load the server and ultimately times out.

When I try connecting to Cities and Planes, it just times out after a while.

I made the HUGE mistake of joining another server(I probably don't need to name them. All I'll say is, lol, wow,) so I know everything on my end seems to be good. I've tried other servers and I just get booted for not having the required mod. Arelith seems to be the only one I have issues connecting to.

Is there something I can do on my end? I'd much rather play here than an interactive version of Hustler Magazine.

Thanks!

Maladus

Re: New Player, Can't Log In to Server(Time Out)

Post by Maladus » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:26 am

I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall another new player having a problem when they created their character on the surface server. Cordor is the default starting city for most races and it's usually the place where you want to create your characters. That said, I think there was a positive resolution if you didn't want to try and remake.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:35 am

The server might have been reseting or something.
Or your CDKeys have a problem with Arelith, best check with the Admin team.

MollyFlogger42

Post by MollyFlogger42 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:46 am

Weird. I'll keep trying. I originally was trying to join the Cities and Planes server and it kept timing out.

My version of the game is from GoG, and I obtained a unique CD key from them. I've also made sure my client version is updated.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:16 am

IF you try to log to the server repeatedly, which is not strange because trying to log for the first time after installing NWN may be a trial and error procedure due to the collection of patches tools and ETC, the server will start denying your connection for a while (to prevent flooding, basic firewall stuff).

If this is the case; just give it half-an-hour or so to cool down and try again.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Mayonnaise

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:35 am

Change your client port. The page says it's an occasional issue, but I have had it many times throughout the years.

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:36 am

CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

MollyFlogger42

Post by MollyFlogger42 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:27 am

Worked like like a charm! Thanks everyone!

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Woo! Welcome to the server. Look forward to encountering your character in game!