What happened to the Temple in Cordor?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

JimjimthePirate

What happened to the Temple in Cordor?

Post by JimjimthePirate » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:41 am

I leave for a few weeks, and everyone's gone? Can some explain to me what actually happened?

Elena

Re: What happened to the Temple in Cordor?

Post by Elena » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:58 am

I can try to explain, but that would be only what I perceived and maybe doesn't reflect what really happened:

The places were occupied by: Amaera Elrandiel, Rosalie Raynor, Terrance Chesterwick, Daltanius Silverarms, Nyx Demarin.
I don't know what happened to Nyx, but she was gone for a while and the place's lease was not paid anymore, thus the room went up for sale. She has returned recently, but probably has a room elsewhere now.
Amaera Elrandiel - I have no idea whatsoever, but her lease also expired
Rosalie Raynor - Had to quit due to RL reasons, which the player offered in some sort of farewell-bye thread
Terrance Chesterwick - Shortly after Rosalie Raynor was gone, I couldn't see the Temple Warden either anymore. Maybe because he was somewhat reliant upon Rosalie('s RP), the room went up for sale shortly after
Daltanius Silverarms has for quite a while been online only sporadically and has lost his room due to some longer absence.

Also, the player of Rosalie once or twice sent me a tell, explaining to me that running the temple was rather time and resource-consuming, and I believe after a good amount of driving force went missing with the player of Rosalie, the place quickly abandoned.

I might be completely wrong though..
Might I respectfully suggest playing the game, rather than indulging in speculation about how we might screw the game up in future? - Mithreas, 2014

livingNPC

Post by livingNPC » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:54 am

A great deal of driving force are playing in the UD now, Cloak and Dagger tavern

JimjimthePirate

Post by JimjimthePirate » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:56 pm

Oh damn. Is her thread still up anywhere? I saw the in-game message, but that was just her saying goodbye to everyone.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:45 pm

I gave Amaera's room up because she's "retired" pending RL issues affecting Elcion's player. :( It wasn't because of any of the temple stuff.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Post by Dalenger » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Does this mean the temple is vacant, and Bane can move in?
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

Dinosaur Space Program

Post by Dinosaur Space Program » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Pretty much the population of LG/Triad/Otherwise fluctuates a Lot and usually only gets a decent surge when someone wants to take charge and rolls them all into a ball for it. The last one was Rosalie and he had to retired due to RL things. The population for LG was already on a decline (like it does) at the time.

There are a bunch of baby LGs and some older ones using the place and running around but it isn't organized into a single face or unit.

I usually walk in on Someone in there doing Something related to the temple half the time I go buy things. So your organization might have biffed it (they do that, there has been a million since the new temple was made) but it's hardly empty last I checked.

Cookiemonster has a kudos thread (second page I believe) but he states his reasons for leaving in the Thread of Disappearance if you want an update on things!
“The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!”
-Larry Niven

Historical Character List (Updated 9/20/19)

Scurvy Cur

Post by Scurvy Cur » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:03 am

It's also worth noting that many of Cordor's Triadist-like characters are more involved in the government and the guard than the temple. The temple at current serves as a touchstone and meeting point for new arrivals to meet up with established characters and get the RP started, as well as for people to make inquiries. These people are still around Cordor, they're just not interested

Involvement with other aspects of Cordor is desirable in many regards, but is also time consuming, and leaves many of them less tied to the notion of investing lots of time in a formal temple structure, and more open to using the temple as a base for a looser association of people with shared aims.

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Bashagain » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:49 am

I don't know about the other guys, but as for Daltanius, he's just damn broke LOL. He can't pay his rent, but Haulfest just doesn't have the heart to evict him from the Temple of Torm. :lol:
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:39 am

I want to make my first LG toon for this server but still waiting on my batman build. >.>
"Knowing is half the battle!" -G.I.JOE!!!

MowerQueen

Post by MowerQueen » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:44 am

I have a LG triadic character I am looking forward to playing, but I got distracted by a billion other alts. I have character ADD between mains. >.<

CookieMonster
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CookieMonster » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:22 pm

I spent a great amount of time and effort in organizing the Temple to be a source of RP, but it was always difficult to ensure that everyone felt fully submerged due to Time-Zone differences.

None the less, I made the best attempts to involve everyone of the Temple members in everything I did. It would just seem to be that without Rosalie, a majority of the Temple's members are somewhat without a purpose. Which is a huge shame.

Hopefully things will pick up for the LG toons out there again.
DM Spyre wrote:Someone has watched too much Dragonball Super.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:27 pm

CookieMonster wrote:I spent a great amount of time and effort in organizing the Temple to be a source of RP, but it was always difficult to ensure that everyone felt fully submerged due to Time-Zone differences.

None the less, I made the best attempts to involve everyone of the Temple members in everything I did. It would just seem to be that without Rosalie, a majority of the Temple's members are somewhat without a purpose. Which is a huge shame.

Hope is but a candle. Bright at first light, but doomed to flicker and perish as darkness falls.
You may cling to your Paladins and your false gods, but a sword can no more cut through a shadow than a man can out-run death.

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:36 pm

Rwby wrote:
CookieMonster wrote:I spent a great amount of time and effort in organizing the Temple to be a source of RP, but it was always difficult to ensure that everyone felt fully submerged due to Time-Zone differences.

Hope is but a candle. Bright at first light, but doomed to flicker and perish as darkness falls.
You may cling to your Paladins and your false gods, but a sword can no more cut through a shadow than a man can out-run death.
oh

Ambigue

Post by Ambigue » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:48 pm

Rwby wrote:Hope is but a candle. Bright at first light, but doomed to flicker and perish as darkness falls.
What if the man is really fast, though? Like maybe has a hoverboard? And he had a glowstick?? I bet he could cut shadows.

I bet he could cut them wicked-hard.

rat0a
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by rat0a » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:28 am

Just started to play again a week or so ago

But for some reason I don't have the desire to use my pally Timon Colt and because I haven't seen no one from the triad around there is no point for me to do so.

Maybe I'll bring him from retirement later down the road, he is about to hit epic
Hana Bora Tormite WM 2011 Retired
Kyra Fryar Tempurian Kensai WM 2012 Retired
Timon Colt Tormite Paladin 2014 Wanderer Sem-Retired
Aldred Ogden Tormite Paladin 2015 on&off
Theela Kenson Tormite Paladin 2018 Main

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:40 am

gilescorey wrote:
Rwby wrote:

oh

#sharrantakeover
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Dinosaur Space Program

Post by Dinosaur Space Program » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:42 am

Ambigue wrote:
Rwby wrote:Hope is but a candle. Bright at first light, but doomed to flicker and perish as darkness falls.
What if the man is really fast, though? Like maybe has a hoverboard? And he had a glowstick?? I bet he could cut shadows.

I bet he could cut them wicked-hard.
You might be my new favorite forum person.
“The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!”
-Larry Niven

Historical Character List (Updated 9/20/19)

Ambigue

Post by Ambigue » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:59 am

Dinosaur Space Program wrote:You might be my new favorite forum person.

Thank you. I really don't think enough statements about the nature of light and darkness really account for the presence of an awesome dude with a hoverboard and a glowstick, and those that do are limited solely to aged and dignified academics.