Totem Summons

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Glowing Mushroom
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Totem Summons

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:10 pm

As I understand it, the Epic Dragon Knight if summoned by a Totem Druid will come forth as the Totem's respective animal.

I believe it is safe to say that for many people, if they want to summon a dragon, they want to summon a ~dragon. If my first statement is true it would be nice to revert it back to the default conjuration.

In fact, could Totem Druids not also have the option to summon their Totem animal or the default one? Perhaps the same could go for their Polymorph forms?

My thoughts ^^
Burin the Earthly.

DaTexican

Re: Totem Summons

Post by DaTexican » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:37 pm

I would have to disagree. Totem druids are so aligned with their totem animal that they only turn into the animal and summon it. I could see the argument for the dragon knight, but all other summons, I think should be the totem animal. If you want to summon and turn into different forms then don't take totem... simple as that. Why there is a option :D. Totem druid is a huge RP investment, and brings alot or restrictions to combat, as well as RP, but opens many new doors for RP. Just make your druid not a totem druid if you want to have the options :D
Be Prepared

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:44 pm

I don't know about you, but I think that a flying, fire breathing Badger would be awesome.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Glowing Mushroom

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:53 pm

DaTexican wrote:I would have to disagree. Totem druids are so aligned with their totem animal that they only turn into the animal and summon it. I could see the argument for the dragon knight, but all other summons, I think should be the totem animal. If you want to summon and turn into different forms then don't take totem... simple as that. Why there is a option :D. Totem druid is a huge RP investment, and brings alot or restrictions to combat, as well as RP, but opens many new doors for RP. Just make your druid not a totem druid if you want to have the options :D
I s'pose you are right. But the Dragons, still, I'd want to be Dragons. Although as The Rambling Midget said, a great flaming animal that breathes fire could be fun. Perhaps a giant snail with said powers and a great "Noot" as he roars.
Burin the Earthly.

DaTexican

Post by DaTexican » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:02 pm

DM's, I hope you are reading this thread. New DM event! Gargantuan Flying fire breathing badger wipes out Cordor! Would totally make Felliso's Gosip :D
Be Prepared

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:15 am

why not, :) didn't they do something similar with penguins before?
You have the thanks of a grateful server conglomeration of nations... Thanks!
:) - Jjjerm

Yevon - it would have been safer for me to walk around Wharftown proclaiming Bane to be the god of love and pink frills.