Underdark Playtimes

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Daedin

Underdark Playtimes

Post by Daedin » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:51 pm

So! For the past few weeks I've been trying to start a new character in the UD, but I've been running into an issue, which is, the lack of people whenever I log on. And though I'd like to explore the new areas I have not seen yet, that's tough on a low level and I get bored of mindlessly killing things just for the xp.

With this in mind, are there any specific timezones when the UD is more populated? Some peaks of activity? I myself have a pretty strict schedule these days, as I wake up very early and equaly go to bed very early, so I am very likely not logging in at the right time.

Which makes me think that perhaps it'd be better if I try and addapt the character concept to the surface instead.(Main concepts I had in mind as inspiration: Drow + Lovecraftian Themes + Illuminati + lore hunting + secret hoarding + riddle crafting )

To sum up: Is it just one of those cyclical things, or am I in the wrong time zone yet again?

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Underdark Playtimes

Post by Ork » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:46 am

I have noticed between 8 PM MST and 12 AM MST has been the highest peaks. Usually the most Underdarkers during those times is 5-6 though, and some resistant to party play. I'm definately down to any gaming though, daedin. If you ever see Veszgloth online, don't hesitate to send a goblin messenger.

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Post by Dalenger » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:32 am

What is your time zone? The entire server usually usually drops in numbers in the summer, and UD (already being the least populated of the three servers) is hit the hardest. In addition, many college students (I among them) are just starting a new round of classes around this time.

The server should perk back in in population in a month or two once people decide it's too cold to trounce about outdoors.
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:57 am

I've found the best time to be on is about 2-6PM EST. The worst time to be on, is about now, at 5-6AM EST.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)