Suggestion Discussion: The Ever-shifting Underdark!

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

DestroyerOTN

Suggestion Discussion: The Ever-shifting Underdark!

Post by DestroyerOTN » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Well, while the dust is settling down on the other thread, figured I'd go ahead and throw up a suggestion for a non-related improvement.

The condensed reason for the suggestion is to make the Underdark have a bit of that ever-changing charm it's rumored for. The long version is that it expands general options when choosing to travel, changes a bit of the "fixed" pathway feeling, and lets the less used areas get some potential for love.

The suggestion is four-fold, as follows:
>Make certain sections of the UD (like the crystal caves) transition to cycling areas, in the style of Sibayad. A few of these could be some of the less-explored regions of the server, and a few new ones could easily be mixed in.
>This could be tagged to the weather, and randomized based on a current percentage chance to get 'lost' that the system reflects
>A more important step: Give the UD some random spawn system love! Granted, the new weather provides its own breed of chaos, but I've not seen anything spawn randomly below! Seems a bit out of place for the environment, and misses some opportunity! Drowish raiders, beholders, maybe the odd deep dragon.
>Give the Faerzress the small possibility of teleportation to a level-appropriate location for a full party of half the character's current ECL. Just another small cookie, and a way to potentially promote exploration.

Want to get this ironed out before I actually throw anything in the box. What's the community's thoughts at large?
"Playin' nobody, no how since AR 112"
Griefmaker wrote:Personal choices regarding RP which[..] limit a character in some way[…] should in no way be an argument for changing something on the server

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Suggestion Discussion: The Ever-shifting Underdark!

Post by ActionReplay » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:36 am

I believe the random spawn system is being added to the UD. Irongron had some really cool ideas there. So it will probably pop up in a near future.

I know Gideon has worked on a few other cool stuff which might be first introduced to the UD. This really excites me as it's a pretty big deal.

I am always open to add things to the Faerzress or the UD weather in general. So ideas here are always welcome! Want a Wild Surge added to the table? Send me a PM or just write it down here.

We want the UD to feel dynamic and be ever-shifting. It might be vague things as seeing a lot of player effort in setting up some RolePlay. I have a couple of areas (Yet to be added to the live module) I have reworked/added to based on added player fixtures. Like fauna change or something similar. I like to reflect simple player interactions like that.

I'm all for suggestions and ideas. There was suggestions about the Faerzress and UD Weather before it was even added to the module and that inspired me a lot to make it happen. So suggestions and ideas are the best way to get new stuff to happen (At least from me personally) when I am lacking new ideas myself :)