Elder scrolls online

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

imgoinginane83

Elder scrolls online

Post by imgoinginane83 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:02 pm

So, i bought the game used. NO, that is not the problem. I expected this game to feel and be just like skyrim and its predecessors. Nope! How disappointed was I? I played it for a hour and haven't touched it since. Now most of my focus is on Destiny or even Farcry 4. (yet again)
Anyone else disappointed with elder scrolls online?
If we deny love love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because we fear the pain of loss, then our lives will be empty and the loss greater.

grip
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Elder scrolls online

Post by grip » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Did not even try it. Looked boring.
Thake wrote: Wanna rule Aristotlus? Gotta min/max like a pro..

mf_hansen

Post by mf_hansen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Any MMO game will have lower quality gameplay than its non-MMO siblings; they have to cater to several players at once, so there cannot be much in the way of responsive detailed game mechanics or permanent player consequences. All that's left is the motivation to explore, and if that's not there either there's not much left to care about.

How fortunate for us we still have NWN as a last bastion to multiplayer ROLEPLAYING games :D
Send PM or find mf_hansen on IRC or Discord between 18:00-23:00 CET/CEST.

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:17 pm

PvP is the best thing about ESO. Capturing castles, tons of players fighting at onde, it can be a whole lot of fun.

Unfortunatly, it is also often too unbalanced.

Whitewood

Post by Whitewood » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:34 pm

Running around the wide open world of Tamriel, fighting all sorts of beasties and bandits, helping people in distress along the way, what a nice thing.
Im new to the ESO experience but i dont get why you dont like it. You only played it for an hour and then dropped it? what kinda of playthrough is that.
You also need to remember that its still a rather new game, wont be perfect or such.

Arther Goodmane

Post by Arther Goodmane » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:29 am

Firstly, I don't see MMO game mechanics as worse than SP games, rather I see it as less engaging. Less immersive. Secondly, I myself have played Guild Wars in the past. I can definitely see why some people see it as appealing, but like imgoinginane83, I fall into a different audience/crowed (there is a word for it, I just can't remember it).

I find MMORPGs to be a little repetative and immersion breaking. But then again, it's easy for me to dislike MMOs because...I have very little Data I can use every month, so I can't play it even if i wanted to :P.
I want my DM name to be
DM CrampyGut