A very lengthy farewell, critique and kudos

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Cortex

Re: A very lengthy farewell, critique and kudos

Post by Cortex » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:37 am

Maybe we have played in the Underdark and know more than you think. I know I have, and I'm quite certain majority of the people who mentioned it also have.

Also:
Whitewood wrote:I believe we Underdarkers would need a single seperate forum section so we can get away from the Surface bashing on us.
This is funnier than you think.
:)

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:38 am

We used to have one, but since almost every thread there turned into a flamewar, we removed it ;)

And there are UD examples in the above, not just surface ones. I stand by my point that you only need epic levels if you're hung up on winning/dominating... if you're willing to RP out your weakness and not try and challenge stronger entities, you can run a perfectly viable low-level faction. It's been done over and over in the UD - indeed, many First Houses in the past started out as Third Houses full of lowbies, that made the alliances they needed to survive early.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:38 am

Whitewood wrote:I believe we Underdarkers would need a single seperate forum section so we can get away from the Surface bashing on us.
http://arelith.com/node/11513
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Whitewood

Post by Whitewood » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:50 am

I know there was once a UD section, but it doesnt help the fact that UDers get attacked plenty of times because we apparently dont know how to rp, work with our levels, or skip and hop about like on the surface. Anyways, that was a strange ramble from myself.

What im trying to get at here, Things are vastly different down in the underdark, alot different.
Social structures, factions, roleplay styles, usual daily events of people.
I dont care if i lose, but it DOES get rather tiresome and boring if you try to accomplish something and lose a majority of the time.
Then theres the part where some high levels or epics take it apon themselves to ruin some peoples experience, rp, character, which ive had to bite my tongue and deal with icly, to the complete destruction of a well-liked char. (another ramble, hrm)

Yknow, i dont see this thread going anywhere but in circles. . .