Thread of Disappearance

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Germain

Re: Thread of Disappearance

Post by Germain » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Camping from today until Monday. See you all in a few days.
Current Character: Umrae Freth

Previous: Edala Helder, Maethe N'Shee, Elerra Hyluan

whoisthisis

Post by whoisthisis » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:47 pm

I guess I should mention that my sneak thief will be away until the server is patched.

Never ever update the beamdog client NWN until your know the server is updated >.>

Iceberg

Post by Iceberg » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:42 pm

whoisthisis wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:47 pm
I guess I should mention that my sneak thief will be away until the server is patched.

Never ever update the beamdog client NWN until your know the server is updated >.>

Not to discourage you from. A break, but you can activate your beamdog ee key through Steam, which has a decent enough rollback system.
Y'all need Lathander.

whoisthisis

Post by whoisthisis » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Steam is Evil.

whoisthisis

Post by whoisthisis » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Okay I guess I should explain.

I don't like Steam because it feels like a game rental service or something. I dislike the feeling that the access to reinstall my games is via some 3rd party that could have financial troubles and go poof at some point. Steam also BANs people and thier anti cheat can be buggy.

I want DVD installation media. Okay yeah the beamdog client isnt that. And I am not even crazy about that, but at least the beamdog client is from beamdog. Not some 3rd party.

Yeah I know, old fashioned. But I am 42, and I like my disks. I want pretty boxes with art I can put on a shelf and admire. But in this case I still have the NWN I bought the DAY it came out. 50+ bucks at a store that is no longer in business!

naturaly

Post by naturaly » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:49 pm

For people like me who use pc at home and Mac at work, steam is a godsend. Buy once, install and play on multiple different systems.

Iceberg

Post by Iceberg » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:01 pm

whoisthisis wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:04 pm

I don't like Steam because it feels like a game rental service or something. I dislike the feeling that the access to reinstall my games is via some 3rd party that could have financial troubles and go poof at some point. Steam also BANs people and thier anti cheat can be buggy.

I want DVD installation media. Okay yeah the beamdog client isnt that. And I am not even crazy about that, but at least the beamdog client is from beamdog. Not some 3rd party.

Yeah I know, old fashioned. But I am 42, and I like my disks. I want pretty boxes with art I can put on a shelf and admire. But in this case I still have the NWN I bought the DAY it came out. 50+ bucks at a store that is no longer in business!
Activating your ee key on Steam doesn't affect your beamdog client install. Just trying to help you get back in game.
Y'all need Lathander.

whoisthisis

Post by whoisthisis » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:23 pm

Yeah I might install it thru steam for now, and then uninstall the mess later

Revelations

Post by Revelations » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:57 pm

whoisthisis wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Not to argue, but Steam is THE game distributor of our time. According to PC Gamer's 2016 article "Steam games market worth $3.5 billion in 2015", Steam is estimated to hold about 50%-75% of PC game sales, total.

Many studios like Beamdog are more likely to run into financial problems than Valve (i.e. Steam).

There's literally no reason to be afraid of being caught in a ban or anti-cheat algorithm if you don't actually do ban-worthy things or cheat where you shouldn't. Any accidental issue can be resolved easily, not that I've personally heard of any incidents, especially not involving games like NWN.

I KIND OF get the disc box thing? Probably a taste thing.

But other than a bit of DRM stuff, there's nothing evil about Steam.
Be faithful in the face of death
And I will give you the crown of life

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:59 pm

Valve has openly said if they go under, all DRM will be released and you'll get your games withou steam needed.
Valve VAC bans people only specifically from games with VAC. Valve isn't going to ban you from NWN. Their anticheat is very very rarely buggy, and if you were truly VAC-banned incorrectly, you can submit a ticket to support, and you will get unbanned.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:20 am

Will be away from home for 2-3 days, bai.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Taking a bit of a break from both Arelith and forums. Will probably be back, because in the depths of my soul I am hopelessly addicted.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Lindos

Post by Lindos » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:31 pm

Hey hey, I'm the player of Helen Lustar and for those who were wondering about my sudden disappearance, I'm sorry for vanishing so suddenly again. Unfortunately, real life can be a real bitch and for reasons I won't be able to come back online untill May/June 2019 at the earliest.

So for the players of those Helen met in her brief reappearance, some day she'll be back to stir things up down below! Feel free to hit me up on discord if there was something urgent I didn't take care off!

My discord : Lindos#9637
Discord: Lindos#9637

DM Atropos

Post by DM Atropos » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:08 pm

Dwayna wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:31 pm
Hey hey, I'm the player of Helen Lustar and for those who were wondering about my sudden disappearance, I'm sorry for vanishing so suddenly again. Unfortunately, real life can be a real bitch and for reasons I won't be able to come back online untill May/June 2019 at the earliest.

So for the players of those Helen met in her brief reappearance, some day she'll be back to stir things up down below! Feel free to hit me up on discord if there was something urgent I didn't take care off!

My discord : Lindos#9637
Hoping all is all right! We'll see you when you return!
What is woven will be.

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DM Symphony » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 pm

whoisthisis wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:47 pm

I just saw this, I don't check this thread regularly.

The patch isn't out yet. Therefore Arelith is current.

The development branch hasn't had a preview patch out for a while. That means that people using the development branch could play on Arelith.

If you can't join Arelith anymore, it's because you patched your development branch. If you switch your Beamdog launcher from English Development to English, you can play on Arelith now.

The patch is only for early testers. The Beamdog client installs different versions in different folders, as compared to Steam which switches it's only NWN installation to whichever version you choose in the Steam Client.

whoisthisis

Post by whoisthisis » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Ehh at the time I posted that. The server had not been updated by the weasel gal. Its updated and I got in just fine!

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DM Symphony » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Wow, I must have missed the date in mobile and thought this thread was much more popular. Apologies.

boggle99

Post by boggle99 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:10 am

Thulk is off in the fey forest chasing his great White Mole (aka Moley Dick). As I'm on a business trip till at least Monday, maybe longer if things go less smoothly than hoped. Try not to burn down the tower while I am gone.

ForgottenBhaal

Post by ForgottenBhaal » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:39 pm

Arelith is eating up too much of my real life. Leaving the server for now. Unsure of when I will return. Will check the forums occasionally, if needed, hit me up on Discord.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:09 pm

So something has come up which is going to keep me and a few others from the team (most notably Action Replay) busy for the next few weeks.

Because of this I won't be able to answer PMS and will have a limited presence here on the forums, and in game.

Please refer to Spyre and Little Weasel during my absence, which will probably run to around 6 weeks.

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Echohawk » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:57 am

Right now having a lot of my drive just dissipating from me. Limited activity for the next few days while I get over it.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

Rigela

Post by Rigela » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 am

Been away for past few days, real life been a bit hectic. Will continue over weekend but should be back next week.
Isabella Isherwood - Priestess of Selune
Piper Barley - Joybringer of Lliira

boggle99

Post by boggle99 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:26 am

Work trip extended, gone till at least Friday.

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:10 pm

I'm very ill with a viral infection that is making my temp spike to heights of 103.1F and there abouts. If I am able to play, I won't be able to be on for long. If you need a Buppi shoot me a PM or message me on Discord and we can figure something out.

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:11 pm

Miaou wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:10 pm
I'm very ill with a viral infection that is making my temp spike to heights of 103.1F and there abouts. If I am able to play, I won't be able to be on for long. If you need a Buppi shoot me a PM or message me on Discord and we can figure something out.
Dang, that sounds like no fun at all. Hope you feel better buddy!