Where the orcs at?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

andthenthatwasthat

Where the orcs at?

Post by andthenthatwasthat » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:56 pm

I'm curious what other half-orc players are up to. How many are there on the island and how many are the mains?

Black Wendigo

Re: Where the orcs at?

Post by Black Wendigo » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:04 pm

I have a vault full of half orcs :). I just retired one and have another one as part of the banite faction. Right now he's low level and hangs around the orcs cave and the Cordor iron mines a lot for his training. Other times he's withe the banites.

I have not seen too many lately but in the past we have had them as teh race of the day.

GreatGospel

Post by GreatGospel » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:16 pm

Hahuko is one of my characters. Speaks about 10 words of common, which frequently lands him in some kind of hot water, even when hes done nothing wrong.

I made him partly because I kept seeing Half-Orcs who spoke perfect common and rarely see them RPed as some kind of abomination .. (Some weird or terrible happenings must have taken place for a child to be born 50% Orc, by the way) .. And secondly because it gives me a chance to try and improve my *Emote* game.

andthenthatwasthat

Post by andthenthatwasthat » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:33 pm

Fiend is very much alike then. I hope Fiend will come across Hahuko some time soon. He actually already heard about him IC recently so he's on his trail. :D

Don't want to get into too much OOC here, but as an incentive for new half-orcs, Fiend is again trying to get his Blood Skulls pillage party together. (not sure how attractive that is for orderly Banite orcs ;D)

See you orc-types IG.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:31 am

WHERE IS ORL?!

Orl is best half-orc.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

GreatGospel

Post by GreatGospel » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:31 am

Orl still floats around. Had a couple of fun interactions with him (as always) with a couple of my characters.

Arther Goodmane

Post by Arther Goodmane » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:41 am

GreatGospel wrote:I made him partly because I kept seeing Half-Orcs who spoke perfect common and rarely see them RPed as some kind of abomination ..
Believe it or not, this seems to be going in circles. First people wanted to be different by making half orcs who are somewhat literate and articulate, then they wanted to be different by making half orcs who are very literate and articulate, then they wanted to be different by making half orcs who are not literate and articulate at all.

Generally (with no one specifically in mind), people tend to be too concerned about what other people RP. Just do whatever is fun. Ok, enough derailing :) .
I want my DM name to be
DM CrampyGut

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:17 am

Orl wrote:"Orl Exiled wants marriage an elven female... Where is Myon"
The half orc asking to a met elf in the Arelith Forest...
:lol:
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

MowerQueen

Post by MowerQueen » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:01 pm

I'm playing a half orc, but...he's not very Orcy.

andthenthatwasthat

Post by andthenthatwasthat » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:09 am

MowerQueen wrote:I'm playing a half orc, but...he's not very Orcy.
What's he like then? :)

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:31 am

andthenthatwasthat wrote:
Ofc the other half! Gnome!
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

MowerQueen

Post by MowerQueen » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:05 pm

The Man of the Moon wrote:
andthenthatwasthat wrote:
Ofc the other half! Gnome!
Lol!!
His mom was a well-off woman who happened to enjoy half-orc male prostitutes. She did her best to do the right thing and raise him right, but it was all sort of a terrible business, since he was obviously of scandalous origins, didn't fit in well, and was not very good with people. He is very smart, but the pressures of trying to fit in that sort of environment and being bullied have left him with a stutter, and he isn't very worldly either. I bet his mother was relieved on some level despite herself when he left to get away & find/prove his own worth. He can be pretty tough on himself.