Snake owners?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Snake owners?

Post by P Three » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:21 am

Sooo we have a ball python. Since we moved (which I understand is a very traumatic thing for animals of any kind) from a horrible cold place to, you know, a place where penguins can't comfortably live....he's wheezing a bit. Anyone know what I can do to help him? I don't know that he needs a vet yet, but..
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Snake owners?

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:23 am

P Three wrote:Anyone know what I can do to help him?
Take him to a vet. Or even call the vet and ask if it's an easily remedied problem. Whatever you do, don't get medical advice from random internet people who haven't seen the problem, firsthand.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:37 am

Might do that. On looking and listening, I think it's a combination of super-dry air and that he's about to shed from the move. I don't know if it's a snake thing or a him thing, but any move, he sheds. Like clockwork.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:55 am

Pythons and boas come from tropical climates - they need steady, warm temperatures. He most likely has an URI or pneumonia - get him to a vet who treats reptiles. Cold blooded animals get sick easier and stay sick longer - thus, they suffer a great deal before dieing ... your snake is also quite susceptible to mouth rot if he's already wheezing and that is not good.

Yes - what TRM said. I used to keep colubrids and specifically avoided boas and pythos due to their inability to tolerate fluxuations in temperatures.
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

Someonehere123

Post by Someonehere123 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:08 am

The Rambling Midget wrote:Whatever you do, don't get medical advice from random internet people who haven't seen the problem, firsthand.

Ace04191999

Post by Ace04191999 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:49 am

Thats kinda ironic. Just saying..
"Summon Nerd exists, it's just called -yoink. :P"
Mithreas, 2015