Greyhammer Shop - Who did it?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Cihparg
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Greyhammer Shop - Who did it?

Post by Cihparg » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:56 pm

* TL;DR: Shop had expired, tried to figure out the circumstances.

So, I was sick the other day, and really drained the other one; which in turn means, I couldn't go to check the status of the shop.
Today, I booted up Arelith, only to find the shop empty and up for sale, with no note left behind.

If you've done this, could you perhaps send me a PM so we can sort this out?
Either a reply to the thread or a PM will work just fine as means of contact.
I'm probably not going to be very active in-game.

* For anyone wondering, the shop expires in two days although it is considered a "permanent" shop.
* Could also be the server has reset after expiring the shop, thus emptying it? Not sure if that could be a case, but if anyone knows.
Last edited by Cihparg on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beep boop.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Greyhammer Shop - Who did it?

Post by The Rambling Midget » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Cihparg wrote:* Could also be the server has reset after expiring the shop, thus emptying it? Not sure if that could be a case, but if anyone knows.
It's a pretty common practice to buy a shop and clean it out in order to sell off what was abandoned by the previous owner.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Cihparg
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Cihparg » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:57 pm

The Rambling Midget wrote:
Cihparg wrote:* Could also be the server has reset after expiring the shop, thus emptying it? Not sure if that could be a case, but if anyone knows.
It's a pretty common practice to buy a shop and clean it out in order to sell off what was abandoned by the previous owner.
Because it's a common practice doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
But, I'm not here to argue here if it's right or wrong; I just want to know who did it, so I can discuss it with the person.

Beep boop.

What_Evil_Lurks
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by What_Evil_Lurks » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:08 pm

Probs not what you want to hear, but these things happen. Best thing to do is either handle it ig or chalk it up to wbthtga. Sorry dude.
RED GANOT wrote:STEP 1: Stop being scared of conflict.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:25 pm

Cihparg wrote:Because it's a common practice doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
It's not wrong. It's an IC action.

That's how you have to take it.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:27 pm

When I found the shop it was abandoned but still allowed items to be taken out for free. I have no idea who toke the important stuff, but all I grabbed were a few greenstones and three potions, so my character may not be what you're after.

I do know the pain of stuff like this happening, but sadly it does tend to fall under bad things happening to good adventures. If you're lucky whoever grabbed the fancier stuff will step forward and be willing to compromise, but don't forget that it's perfectly fine for them to not do so

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:27 pm

It sucks that RL problems led to this, but there isn't any ethical lapse in taking over a shop or house that was abandoned for too long. Even if it was me and I was willing to RP about it, I wouldn't be telling you OOCly on a thread like this wherein you're implying that the person who took the shop was behaving unethically.

I recommend keeping it IC, and if you find out ICly who did it, then you can deal with it ICly, but OOC isn't the way to go on this one. Maybe they want to RP it, and maybe they don't. It's up to them.

Still, it sucks.

Cihparg
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Cihparg » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Twily wrote:When I found the shop it was abandoned but still allowed items to be taken out for free. I have no idea who toke the important stuff, but all I grabbed were a few greenstones and three potions, so my character may not be what you're after.

I do know the pain of stuff like this happening, but sadly it does tend to fall under bad things happening to good adventures. If you're lucky whoever grabbed the fancier stuff will step forward and be willing to compromise, but don't forget that it's perfectly fine for them to not do so
Ah, no. This is more than good info.

And no, I'm not after someone, I'm just wondering what happened. If it was a person who bought it, and put it for sale, I wanted to figure it out IG/OOC. (Since there were no IC clues to it anywhere)
It seems more like it just expired and allowed everyone to take stuff though.

Nobody needs to return anything taken, after all, the shop did expire.
Anyways, thanks for the replies; I suppose this can be considered solved - unless someone especially wants to add in something to this.

Beep boop.

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:25 pm

It's timing out after two days? I'll get that set to a week next time I'm in the tools.