So You Want to be a Gnoll?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

LilyBear

So You Want to be a Gnoll?

Post by LilyBear » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:29 pm

The Redtooth Tribe is recruiting players just like you to fill out our ranks and do gnoll stuff! Now, I know what you're thinking: "but, gnolls are savage animals who murder people and do horrible, horrible things!!!" Well you're wrong! Okay, you're not wrong in MOST cases, but the Redtooth Tribe is not your typical gnoll tribe, as you can see by following either of the two cleverly placed hyperlinks above. The Redtooth Tribe (three hyperlinks) is based on a concept from Races of the Wild, a 3.5 edition Forgotten Realms supplemental sourcebook which references non-evil gnolls. More information on gnolls of all kinds can also be found on Arelith's very own wiki. Whether or not you have any interest in actually playing a gnoll, it's well worth the read as it provides a lot of insight from different perspectives on all aspects of gnoll culture. If you ARE interested in joining the tribe, feel free to shoot me a private message. Have fun and hunt well!

P.S. For your convenience, I will include more gratuitous hyperlinks below.
Redtooth Tribe
Gnoll - Arelith Wiki
Races of the Wild
Famous Last Words:

“I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I -” -Hoban Washburne

"I will always remember when The Doctor was me." -The Elventh Doctor

"Oh shut up! I can handle this! Just stand back!" -Me circa 2020

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Re: So You Want to be a Gnoll?

Post by Dalenger » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:48 am

So you want to be a (better) Gnoll?

The Stained-Paw tribe is also recruiting!
Unlike our weak-stomached panzyful surface brother tribe, Stained-Paw is a real gnoll tribe, filled with gut-retching horror and acts of atrocity the likes of which only a true gnoll could manage to pull off.

Such acts include, but are not limited to:
Maiming of helpless surfacers in the name of Yeenoghu...
Devouring the dead...
Devouring the living...
striking fear into the hearts our our foes...
Enjoying the soft, sweet taste of elf flesh...
Completely ignoring any sort of table manors...
Growling at and/or sniffing random people in the hub...
and so much more!

Ask yourself, would you rather be this(stained-paw):
Or this(Redtooth):
The choice is yours!

Either way (and on a more serious note) being a gnoll is fantastic, no matter what tribe you join. Best of luck to Redtooth!
Lilybear lays out some very good groundwork for gnoll lore, it truly is quite fascinating.
Gnoll up, people.
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:44 am

As gnoll player myself, I'd like to also add a hyperlink for more gnoll lore unapproachable east pdf

I will also create a general info thread linking it to this thread, as feel this lore the three of us posted belongs there, where as the recruitment portion of this thread does not.
LilyBear wrote:The Redtooth Tribe (three hyperlinks) is based on a concept from Races of the Wild, a 3.5 edition Forgotten Realms supplemental sourcebook which references non-evil gnolls.
Also I must correct you Lily Bear, your reference is not an FR source book, but a Grey Hawk source book, but has useful information that can be transferred into a FR setting.

All D&D 3.0 and 3.5 sourcebooks are grey hawk sourcebooks, but often include some FR source material in addition to the grey hawk lore. But almost all of it is transferable to a FR setting.
Last edited by CragOneEye on Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Knowing is half the battle!" -G.I.JOE!!!

LilyBear

Post by LilyBear » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:07 pm

I must at this point acknowledge that CragOneEye is correct! All 3.5 material is indeed Greyhawk material! It is, however, easily transferable to Forgotten Realms, which is what I have done for the Redtooth concept.

As for Dalenger, his tribe is full of doodie heads! Yeah, I said it! All kidding aside, I'd love to see more gnolls in general, not just Redtooth. Traditional gnolls SHOULD be more common than the rare variants anyway. Besides, a little tribe tension and/or warfare would not necessarily be a bad thing.
Famous Last Words:

“I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I -” -Hoban Washburne

"I will always remember when The Doctor was me." -The Elventh Doctor

"Oh shut up! I can handle this! Just stand back!" -Me circa 2020