Reinstate DM Sollers

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Vrass

Reinstate DM Sollers

Post by Vrass » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:02 pm

Losing DM Sollers is simply intolerable. By far the most active dm on the server and with the best events at this current time. We should all demand her immediate reinstatement. There are too many ongoing plots that need finishing that wont be now, plots people have been waiting for and working on for quite some time. And anything that causes a decrease in events is detrimental to the player base and the server and as such is a major issue. Everyone makes mistakes and from what i read Soller's seemed quite minor when compared to some of the other things DM's have been said to have done, (though i don't believe most of those rumors mind you). Who is with me on this?

Diilicious

Re: Reinstate DM Sollers

Post by Diilicious » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:06 pm

Id have to know exactly what they did, to have an opinion on this, and im pretty sure thats not going to happen.
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:07 pm

Its listed already... on her goodbye post.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25390

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:16 pm

Ok so first off, I love Sollers. I would love to see them return. They're an amazing DM, and I've adored working with them. They shall be dearly missed.

THAT BEING SAID.

I do not know the full of the sitaution. The people In Charge do. And I have full faith that they, for whatever reason, made the right decision. I do appreciate that Sollers stated the reasons, but I also expect that there are more subtle issues at play which we, not being privy to all the details, am unawear of.

What I suppose I'm saying is that whilst I certainly would rejoice at Sollers return, I also have full respect that the decision made by the admin team- with all the information at hand - was the right one.

I am also concerned about the direction this thread may take so, until I hear otherwise, I am going to lock it. It may be unlocked if and when I have permssion from powers higher than myself.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:43 pm

Sollers is an amazing storyteller, and the reaction of so many players to their departure is an absolute testament to the impact they made as a DM, and a I sincerely hope, now, as a player.

Yet it shouldn't need saying that we have the policies we do for a reason, and that we don't hire or fire DMs by petition or demand.

I can at least agree that Sollers did an excellent job though, and can understand the frustration some may be feeling at having some storylines possibly coming to an abrupt end.