Language study group in Codor?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

xf1313

Language study group in Codor?

Post by xf1313 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:45 am

Hi everyone

I am a new player to this world, and I find the language system super fascinating, even willing to suffer that +1 ecl for language talent. And just managed to get 3 Phrasebooks today (Goblin, Orc and one called Hin???? cannot find Hin from language list)

just wondering if we can have a language group? so those keen characters actually have chance to learn from each other. and is there a way to create phrasebooks? I am happy to teach some elvish to people.
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Language study group in Codor?

Post by Emotionaloverload » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:50 am

There are lots of characters interested in languages and a bunch of different places that run groups for it so post yours up on the boards IG and characters will very likely contact yours.

Have fun with it!
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Germain

Post by Germain » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:24 pm

Hin is halfling, just so you know. I don't think that's necessarily a find out in game subject. 😉
Current Character: Umrae Freth

Previous: Edala Helder, Maethe N'Shee, Elerra Hyluan

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:09 pm

Germain wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:24 pm
Hin is halfling, just so you know. I don't think that's necessarily a find out in game subject. 😉
thank you, that is really helpful

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:10 pm

btw, *cry* language books are super expensive in store, and libarians insisted in writing more orcish phrasebooks

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:29 pm

xf1313 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:10 pm
btw, *cry* language books are super expensive in store, and libarians insisted in writing more orcish phrasebooks
There are characters that can help you with the books. Even one that gives them to students for free :p He isn't far from Cordor.

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.