Nature - Druid & Ranger RP

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Kelran Kathadis

Nature - Druid & Ranger RP

Post by Kelran Kathadis » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Hello! I am new to the server and was wondering if there is an active Druid & Ranger RP group or faction. If not, I might just make a different character that fits better.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Nature - Druid & Ranger RP

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:31 pm

The two places I'd look for that sort of thing is the Bramble Watch (the woods near cordor) Or - more active - the Druid Grove in the Arelith Forest (getting there is a b it tricky at a low level, but by the time you reach your 10's you should be fine.)
Beyond that just look out for other rangers, begin some 'ranger-like- rp, and see where it takes you. Before you know it you may have started your own faction!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Sea Shanties

Post by Sea Shanties » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:56 pm

Druids are great for a first character exploring the server. They are very strong with the summons and spells and there are quite a few nature related groups even in the underdark.

I'd encourage you to stick with it and speak to any other druids you see. It's actually one of the easiest classes to jump into existing RP with and there's generally room to join in the RP around a city or town as well.

JubJub

Post by JubJub » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:13 pm

There are 3 surface and 1 Underdark groves, the bramble watch is mostly rangers but accept druids. As grumpy said the bramble watch is really good for lower lvls to get their feet wet. So there should be a grove for whatever you type of druid rp is. You might not see a lot of signs about the groves since it seems grove signs get stolen often.

Kelran Kathadis

Post by Kelran Kathadis » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:54 am

Thanks for the responses every one. This looks like a great community.

Sockss

Post by Sockss » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:12 am

I never could find anyone in the bramble watch in person. I think there's only one or two active members and it's mostly sporadic message boards stuff.

My advice would be to hire someone to cart you to the grove, or ask some elves to do so. (Many elves head that way anyway!)

Then make a quick journal note of character names that have stores/quarters or that have left appropriate messages there.

Do a quick glance over the player portal (portal.arelith.com) every so often to see if anyone is playing that matches and send them a speedy messenger.

You can also leave a message on the boards in the grove but I always find it best to be very proactive in finding RP!
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Crookedblossom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi there! Welcome to the server!

Druid/ranger roleplay on this server can be very rewarding and a ton of fun, especially within a faction dedicated to nature roleplay. The Bramble Watch's location is in the name, so you'll find their location not too far from Cordor. There are two signs there, one for two of the Surface druid groves, with a mentioning of the characters you can contact IG.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to poke me on the forums or message me via Discord, if you have it. My thingy is Floofystoofs#5584.

I play a character involved with the druid grove in Arelith Forest that GrumpyCat mentioned. I'm available most days, save for Sundays and Mondays, and I don't mind being poked to be asked when I'll be online.

It can be challenging learning the server/game at first, but just hang in there and have fun with it!