Old player and New Player get the HOOK up... but The universe has a Baseball bat and uses it

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DeamonHeart

Old player and New Player get the HOOK up... but The universe has a Baseball bat and uses it

Post by DeamonHeart » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:02 am

I meet my Other half, here on arelith. And though I don't play as much as I want to, She still plays.... -Occassionaly- .

Long story short, 5 years ago she was diagnosed with stage 3 Cervical Cancer...And she was already On Borrowed time then... Tonight I faced my hardest issue to date... I had to work.. as the cancer made her belly swollen to that size of a Red ball used to play DODGE ball with.. and her Diabetes Kicked in Dropping her Blood sugar to Lower than the meter could read.

Along with Hospice, and my neighbor we made her as Comfortable as possible .. and now we wait..

Currently her Blood sugar is at 65 (barely HALF of what it needs for her to Wake up) But the hope is High.. the faith Strong.. and if Not Well Necromancy is always an option right? (sadistic humor)

I just wanted to let all of you Know, My Better half has had three years of Absolute Fun on this server.. I have had MUCH MUCH more and Many MANY more years than she has..

Please. even if your faith is NOT ours..
If your faith is not faith at all but hope and prayers.. well wishing and otherwise..

Please send them our way.. Please keep her in your minds.. and keep me in your after thoughts.. for as difficult it is for her.. I have to suffer watching her fade...

After this.. No matter the pout come.. I will Most likely be away for a -Very Long time- . I wil not say forever.. because we ALL KNOW, they always come back.. (hey Gotta keep the humor up)

But anyways... Thanks for your time reading this.

Ken

sarithia

Re: Old player and New Player get the HOOK up... but The universe has a Baseball bat and uses it

Post by sarithia » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:34 am

I'm sending you all the wishes in the world I can muster right now. What you're both going through is one of the toughest things anyone can face and for that, you're both absolute warriors <3

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

Red Ropes

Re: Old player and New Player get the HOOK up... but The universe has a Baseball bat and uses it

Post by Red Ropes » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 am

That was a hard thing for me to read. I wish you the best through this.
🤡

Bibliophile

Post by Bibliophile » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:12 pm

My eyes filled with tears instantly upon reading this. I am so sorry you've had to endure such a hard thing but so very thankful that you were able to find her and get the limited time you did together. Thoughts and prayers are with you sending what comfort they may for your heart and her body.

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:29 pm

Sending as many good thoughts your way as possible. Wish I could offer more than that.

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:46 pm

Best of luck and yeah, that was a pretty hard read. *tears*
i think it means the world for her, that your there for her and taking care/thinking of her.

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by R0GUE » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Wishing you all the best in this very difficult time.

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Hoping for the best. The "C" word is vile. Take care.

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:16 pm

thoughts and prayers sent
Yes I can sign

Eira
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Eira » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Hoping for the best. Much strength to you.

I exist to describe the world around us.

Akorae

Keth'ym Evanara - wandering better paths
Veriel Xyrdan - married and happy
Reena Welkins - Dead

Discord: eighra

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:42 pm

That... that sucks man.

Wishing you both the best. I'm not very religious, but I'll throw a prayer your way in case a random skydaddy decides to listen to me.

Your post doesn't identify who we're talking about, but I wish you both well anyways.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:44 pm

I can only echo others here in saying what sad news this is, and wishing all the strength you can muster in the difficult days and weeks to come.

We all touch each other's lives here on Arelith, often in a profound way. You are not the first I've known who met their partner playing, and while most of us stay anonymous that doesn't mean we don't care for one-another. I know from experience it can be hard to reach out to the community on personal matters, but I do know the emotional support everyone here is offering come from a place of genuine concern.

Take care of yourself DeamonHeart , we're sure to be here if you ever choose to return.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:02 pm

I lost my dad to lymphoma years ago, and life has never been the same. I feel for you guys and no how hard it can be to watch a loved one go through it. The best advice I was ever given is that there is no right or wrong way to cope with something like this. We all express and deal with it in our own way. Even if it means breaking down and crying your eyes out or acting in a way you always thought made you seem weak, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Those close to you are there for you to lean on, don't ever think you have to deal with it alone

*hugs*

<3

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Subutai
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Subutai » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:20 pm

I hope everything goes as well as it possibly can for you, her, and everyone involved. Wishing you the very best.

Yolrii

Post by Yolrii » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:53 pm

All the very best. Really.
Elatha Nostalfay: *she furrows her brow* "So... you lie to... everyone?"
Raice Valaine: Out of necessity, but yes, that's an excellent summary.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:59 pm

I have been mulling over this thread and what to say. In all honesty, I still do not know what to say beyond giving my deepest sympathies and best wishes to you, your family and everyone affected.

Arelith has given people a home, and I would like that we are all family (a dysfunctional one at times), but family nonetheless. And, I am certain that everyone is praying in this instance. It is a scary thing to hear about, and a dear friend of mine recently had something eerily similar happen to their significant other. And, I cannot even begin to imagine the impact it has on anyone directly involved.

My thoughts and prayers are with you through this all.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:23 am

You have my prayers and support. May whichever God you believe in intervene.

Berried

Post by Berried » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:49 am

I promise, you have -all- my hopes and prayers; please, please let me know if there's anything else I could send your way that would make things easier for you, your significant other, and her family.

DM Wraith
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Wraith » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Truly, one of if not the hardest burdens to bare. My thoughts, prayers, and every ounce of positivity is with you and your other half.
We are all one family as Spyre said, and we all stand firmly rooted with you, during this, the hardest of times. I can't imagine going through this, and wish you didnt have to either. I think i can speak for the community in saying that we are all here with you, to help you in whatever way we can.
Please if you need anything, do not hesitate to reach out. My thoughts, prayers, and positivity once more are with you.

Reallylongunneededplayername

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 am

Stay strong, No matter what happens, We are here for you, With digital hugs! *Hug*
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

HappyHippie

Post by HappyHippie » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Light and Love, Giant Hugs, Happy Thoughts and Positive Vibes to you both - everything I can muster is sent your way <3
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity." - Joseph Addison

Diana Wyndyr - Active
Gyda Skógr - Semi-Active
Melina Willows - Shelved

DeamonHeart

Post by DeamonHeart » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:52 am

/Three days after this post... 7/11/2019

@ 5:54 am My better half, the love of my life and my soul. Left this world.. She now sits at the table of Valhalla, drinking mead, and waiting for me..

Thank you everyone for your wishes and prayers.. She is at peace, and no longer in pain. she doesn't -Have- to fight any longer.

I will still be playing.. Of course, but even less than I used to Until I finiosh taking care of her stuff, and cleaning the house up. Her spirit is still here, And it makes my home feel warm and full of love. But the emptiness of her not being here still makes it hard to come home.

Thank you - to ALL OF YOU, the Community for making Both of us feel welcome, and warm. IT took me some time to post this, for personal reasons of course.. But I just wanted everyone to know, The best of us, have limited time, the Rest of us have to struggle, survive and Overcome these obstacles.

Just wish there was a re-roll option for Real life... but in the end. We are but what we have become, and through our friends here.. and in the real world , we had a Great time living with all of you, RPing with all of you.. and even to this day, We are forever apart of this -extended family- the family that is Arelith.

Thanks

Ken

theCountofMonteCristo

Post by theCountofMonteCristo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:15 pm

My deepest sympathy, Daedin.

R0GUE

Post by R0GUE » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:15 pm

I'm glad she's no longer in pain. My deepest sympathies to you, but also please lean on the community here for strength, we will support you.

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:51 pm

My deepest sympathies to you!
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"