Topic for portrait sharing.

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Xintria

Topic for portrait sharing.

Post by Xintria » Fri May 10, 2019 1:25 am

Hello.
I have been trying to find the topic where players can share their portraits for other to get, but can't find one. Is there any? And if no, would it be possible to set up one? I can't see many peoples portraits even having the Arelith portrait pack, and would be nice to be able to share via forum.

Thank you
Xintria

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Topic for portrait sharing.

Post by MalKalz » Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 am

My suggestion would be to add to the portrait pack so we can expand it.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Xintria

Post by Xintria » Fri May 10, 2019 1:47 am

Well I can hardly add the portraits of players I don't see. If we would have topic for everyone to post his portrait, once in a while those could be added to the portrait pack.

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Fri May 10, 2019 7:37 am

We do need to figure out what to do with this. The last portrait moderator up and left. Who maintains said portrait pack and how do we get our portraits to them?

Vatheril

Post by Vatheril » Fri May 10, 2019 11:57 am

There's a link to the portrait pack discord on the steam community file page. It might be worth going in there and submitting I'm sure the people looking after it can give you feedback and/or add your portrait.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1723483101

Xintria

Post by Xintria » Fri May 10, 2019 8:43 pm

So would it not be suitble to have pinned topic here on forum where people could share their portraits to make sure other can get them? Its a bit more cumbersome, but it have worked well in past on other realms I visited. You could just post name of character and zipped portrait file. Or do you think it would not work well?

Leshpar

Post by Leshpar » Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Spyre wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 am
My suggestion would be to add to the portrait pack so we can expand it.
I tried doing this with my own faction's custom portraits, however the person who runs that no longer responds to messages so I don't think they play anymore. Who can we send portraits to?

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat May 11, 2019 1:42 pm

I currently run the portrait pack. It can be found here under Discord: https://discord.gg/VrbfYTa

Or you can find it by searching Arelith Player Portrait Pack on steam in the workshop.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Salmon

Post by Salmon » Sat May 11, 2019 4:30 pm

To add to this, if you do not use Steam you can download the standalone version here: https://github.com/DM-Spyre/playerportraitpack/releases

Just unzip it, put the 'portraits' folder in your NWN documents folder and you're done. Doing it via Steam will automatically patch it if it's updated, however.

Xintria

Post by Xintria » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:01 am

I think it would probably still worked better if there would be place where people can just share their on forum no? You could always ask people in game you play often with to put their portrait on forum for you to see. I seem to only see every now and then someone and I have the Arelith portrait pack installed.

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by R0GUE » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Xintria wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:01 am
I think it would probably still worked better if there would be place where people can just share their on forum no? You could always ask people in game you play often with to put their portrait on forum for you to see. I seem to only see every now and then someone and I have the Arelith portrait pack installed.
I think the issue is if you decentralize where you put these portraits, you'll end up with a situation where you only see the few portraits you decided to grab from the forums, whereas if everyone followed the protocol and we kept the submission of portraits to one place, there's a better chance you'll get to see many more portraits. If you only care about seeing the portraits of your friends, you can easily email them around.