Finding a Corpse Etiquette - Rez em, Give em back their coins

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Might-N-Magic

Re: Finding a Corpse Etiquette - Rez em, Give em back their coins

Post by Might-N-Magic » Fri May 17, 2019 11:10 pm

For me, the biggest issues are: 1. I play a DEXer, so lugging a corpse is a big issue and 2. Raise Dead scrolls are now an uncommon commodity.

If I have spare, I usually use one.

ChevroletElvis

Post by ChevroletElvis » Wed May 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Fizzicist wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:24 am
First, there is likely a thread about this...and I missed it. Sorry.

Opinion: When finding a random corpse during my travels, the first thing I do after securing the area is to look at the player list to see if they are online. If they are, I contact them OOC to tell them I'll take them to a rez location. My thought is that I want them to know whom picked them up and that they don't need to respawn. Also, it lets them know who found them for loot purposes too. I always give them back their coins. Sometimes they offer a reward, sometimes they don't. Back in the "carry a bunch of rez scroll" days we always gave them replacement costs for the scroll.
I'm new here. Thanks for letting me know that my chaotic evil corpse desecrator should have been taking the coins before animating them. I did not know that was an option.

On the other hand, when I'm playing my super amazingly good dwarf that thinks he's an angel of light, I now know I should be looking for corpses so I can give people their money back! I didn't know that was an option!

Huelander

Post by Huelander » Thu May 30, 2019 3:51 pm

Fret not, I have come here to provide the proper corpse etiquette, for your convenience: https://www.habeggerfuneralservices.com ... reception/