Crazy Arelith conspiracy theories... (not OOC theories)

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

livingNPC

Crazy Arelith conspiracy theories... (not OOC theories)

Post by livingNPC » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:26 pm

I'll start this with:

1.The isle of Arelith is a cursed realm, where all toons become liches as soon as they touch a respawn point. So, when their bodies get destroyed, they return to their Phylactery and are rebuild at that point.

2. Arelith is the afterlife, when people die, their souls are send to one of the layers of the abyss, ARELITH. Where the average farmer becomes a near unstoppable hero or villain, who is immortal to some point. Death zone is the neighboring layer. Explains why you can't ever really leave the island.

Hunter548

Re: Crazy Arelith conspiracy theories... (not OOC theories)

Post by Hunter548 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:23 pm

(Courtesy of Ayin Mesmer)

The whole isle is slowly sinking into the Underdark, with the Southern end sinking faster than the rest of it. This is why A) You can get to the Underdark from the Surface as fast as you can B) Only the most powerful of diviners and transmuters are capable of scrying or teleporting, despite a level 9 wizard being able to do both in FR proper (the UD's Faerzeress interferes with both kinds of magic) C) The Ley Line system in general D) being unable to scry/teleport to Cordor from the Surface.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:27 pm

That is awesome. I wish I had added something nutty like that to The Pinch.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Renney77

Post by Renney77 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Mithreas is an AI.

ArcanaFTW

Post by ArcanaFTW » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Our world is but a Gnomish inventors attempt to create artificial life within what he calls a Combputter, and to predict peoples movements within his real world he has made it so we may entertain ourselves in an exact clone of the world he resides in.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:36 pm

Lord Vetinari is a Lich and a Master of Enchantment. He uses the Elite Guards to kidnap Council members for long stretches of time, and then erases their memories of captivity and replaces them with pleasant ones, all to make sure that The Council is never effective enough to overthrow him.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:02 pm

The Rambling Midget wrote:Lord Vetinari is a Lich and a Master of Enchantment. He uses the Elite Guards to kidnap Council members for long stretches of time, and then erases their memories of captivity and replaces them with pleasant ones, all to make sure that The Council is never effective enough to overthrow him.
Damn, due the secrecy about him... and the loooong time he has been alive, actually I like this idea and could really believe it with some of my characters... (maybe I am a bit naive :P )
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:22 pm

The original Lord Vetinari is dead, and Cordor is currently being ruled by a shadowy council of Amnish nobles using Vetinari's reclusiveness and lack of general public appearances as a Dread Pirate Roberts situation.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

caldura firebourne

Post by caldura firebourne » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:01 pm

When something goes wrong, like the recent crafting bug, the reason all of the forges ran cold and every tool broke, the mages had been drinking and are playing pranks.

Constantly use mages as an excuse for everything that goes wrong ic. They make good scapegoats
Plays as the monster in your closet

Jackalspawn

Post by Jackalspawn » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:25 pm

The lizard men in the swamps and jungles are yuan-ti agents working on behalf of a secretive group in nearby Chult. They make regular reports to facilitate the yuan-ti's shapeshifters' ongoing plot to infiltrate the island's positions of leadership. All Post-Baronial Age Cordor Councillors have been yuan-ti. In the Underdark, all leaders are illithids. In fact, the entire server seems to be less harsh and more welcoming because it is an illusion; those residing within it are being absorbed into the elder brain's juices and these are the final effects of DMT that the brain produces on death.
“Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

Manabi

Post by Manabi » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:40 pm

The group known as, "Harpers" does not exist. It was created by the Cordor Council to give the people of Arelith the feeling that they are constantly being monitored. Evil-doers will forever be paranoid that their ranks have been infiltrated by a group that does not exist.

More evil-doers will be thrown out of powerful organizations due to said paranoia and the evil groups dwindle in size. The same thing is going on in the Arcane Tower, except with Sharrans.
Owlbears are the only thing keeping Arelith from the D&D experience.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:14 pm

livingNPC wrote:I'll start this with:

1.The isle of Arelith is a cursed realm, where all toons become liches as soon as they touch a respawn point. So, when their bodies get destroyed, they return to their Phylactery and are rebuild at that point.

2. Arelith is the afterlife, when people die, their souls are send to one of the layers of the abyss, ARELITH. Where the average farmer becomes a near unstoppable hero or villain, who is immortal to some point. Death zone is the neighboring layer. Explains why you can't ever really leave the island.
Hyperion Corp wrote:Hyperion would like to take this opportunity to say: cha-ching!
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

Mayonnaise

Post by Mayonnaise » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:51 am

Arelith is just a dream our characters are having. The island does not exist, they are just in a deep, adventurous sleep.

Eighty-One

Post by Eighty-One » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:59 am

The Elfis Impersonator is Elvis.

If Valor Were Inches
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:13 am

Gnomes are actually Halflings, so everyone who has accidentally been calling them Hin or Halfling is right!

Dwarves are all actually ghosts that take upon their image, their existence having been ended long ago.

Elves on Arelith use their long lives to train to learn to make toys to deliver to happy Cordor children during the winter by order of Vetinari, who has a thick white beard due to his old age. The Castle is their great toy shop, the second bastion of elves besides Myon. Only elves can enter.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:09 am

We believe that Arelith is not real, but a game where players think they have real existence through their characters...

But the reality is...

Arelith is a projection of the real world that is as well an imaginary projection developed in the mind of the dreams of an ancient great Dragon called Ialdabaoth, in whose dreams we take real shape.

Do you guess what will happen when Ialdabaoth awaken?

And this is not an OOC theory... because lord Vetinarii (who in fact is a real dragon) is dreaming the existence of Ialdabaoth!
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Kashisjonny

Post by Kashisjonny » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:27 am

We're all part of a social experiment mith put together to pass his psychology course
Wishes : Wall-E is Cyborg Jesus.

God In Action

Post by God In Action » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:05 am

Arelith is actually just a game and truthfully I should be spending my time in the Real World. Glad that one's crazy.

The Astrolabe was built by the Harpers as a secret spying device. It records exactly the movements and names of all people that use it, so that they can track people's business and their planar allegiances.

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:28 am

Kashisjonny wrote:We're all part of a social experiment mith put together to pass his psychology course
You win. Game over. :)
You have the thanks of a grateful server conglomeration of nations... Thanks!
:) - Jjjerm

Yevon - it would have been safer for me to walk around Wharftown proclaiming Bane to be the god of love and pink frills.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:48 pm

Preacher wrote:
Kashisjonny wrote:We're all part of a social experiment mith put together to pass his psychology course
You win. Game over. :)
An anonymous hand insert a new coin in the speculative machine...

Let's roll again! :lol:

Thank you

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Hunter548 wrote:(Courtesy of Ayin Mesmer)

The whole isle is slowly sinking into the Underdark, with the Southern end sinking faster than the rest of it. This is why A) You can get to the Underdark from the Surface as fast as you can B) Only the most powerful of diviners and transmuters are capable of scrying or teleporting, despite a level 9 wizard being able to do both in FR proper (the UD's Faerzeress interferes with both kinds of magic) C) The Ley Line system in general D) being unable to scry/teleport to Cordor from the Surface.
I began to write up a short elaboration on this theory, including endnotes and supporting references/citations.

It's ~2000 words and absurdly detailed.

So I'm not posting it, and am instead redrafting it into a full IC dissertation to be published on Arelith as a forgotten Mesmer book.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Kuma wrote:So I'm not posting it, and am instead redrafting it into a full IC dissertation to be published on Arelith as a forgotten Mesmer book.

Kashisjonny

Post by Kashisjonny » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Oh my god i want an owl
Wishes : Wall-E is Cyborg Jesus.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Owls are awful things.
UilliamNebel wrote:

Katze

Post by Katze » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:46 am

Hunter548 wrote:Owls are awful things.
depends on how you handle them.
Whatever action one takes IG, con be explained by something logical.