Crazy Arelith conspiracy theories... (not OOC theories)

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Jagel

Re: Crazy Arelith conspiracy theories... (not OOC theories)

Post by Jagel » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:25 am

Baron Saturday wrote:
Eighty-One wrote:The Elfis Impersonator is Elvis.
Best.

I've got one that's sorta based on FL lore:

There were a number of "Dreamers" set around the island, all digging down. Each spoke of the Dreamer, "He Who Dwells in the Hells." One in particular notes that "the deaths of legends will feed the soulforges."

So basically, theory is that the ability of all the adventurers on Arelith to respawn again and again is NOT, in fact, just a gameplay mechanic, but rather the sinister plot of some ancient power.
The Mother wrote:"Purple, so purple and wonderful. The light, it glows like the radiant heart. She blinks, and it is gone, she blinks and it appears. . . . Beware when eyes are open. It said to me that all would be one."
Make of that what you will.

Ooh this is eerie!

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:02 am

If you offer a blood sacrifice of sufficient quantity to your holiday tree a demon prince will merge onto the planes and try to conquer the island.
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.

Astral

Post by Astral » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:37 am

Arelith is a forth dimension sample of Faerun, in a pocket plane. Time is irrelevant, the planes are close and affect one another as they reflect the good and evil spirits merging from lower or higher planes into the prime realm of what is actually a reality in a box.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo

Venach

Post by Venach » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:42 pm

(This is all in good humor, don't take me seriously that I'm making fun of anything)

Arelith is a simulation created by group of liches, who by absolute boredom of living thousands of years, created it. These liches often disagree about the simulation, but after a decade of perfecting it, have agreed on a number of things.

Individuals have been trapped on this plane, and when trapped, they are told the "rules" of this simulation and told to NEVER speak of it or they will be wiped out of existence.

Time: Time on the simulation was the strangest things for the liches to do because their ultimate goal of having individuals believe the illusion was jeopardized by it. Still yet, it was decided that every six minutes of their real life was an hour in the simulation. The people inside were bound by this, but only to the extent of being required to eat and drink and abide by the hours of night and day. The liches, realizing that the flaws in this system, gave the people who were trapped in the simulation the ability to sit for a few brief seconds of closing their eyes for an entire night's rest. Some people in the simulation believed this for than others, with some bringing out tents so that they would rest while others would only sit while closing their eyes, some close their eyes while tying their shoes, or sit on the ground with very little interaction with the simulation seeing it as a chore to gain their once-per-day spells, restore a status effect, etc.

Still, those who were in the simulation with a decreased sense of sanity began to believe the simulation's restrictions so much that they would age, therefore causing a normal human to have the lifespan of 70 years reduced to 6 real life years. Still yet, others would not age at all, some would age slowly, and others more quickly by confusing this concept of time. It was so disagreed upon that a couple getting married could have a baby, (that was never seen by anyone but the parents who "claimed" they sent it off to another far-away land to be taught proper adventuring techniques) reach 18 years of age in just a few months (or even days) of real-life time. It is disagreed upon by anyone how this came to be, but all souls trapped in the simulation realize that they can be killed by talking about it, so they rarely do.

There are other things of the simulation which the people inside do not discuss. The concept of the "glitch." A glitch happens ever so often where the masters of the simulation telepathically inform everyone at the same time that they need to get to a place they consider safe within a real-life time of 5 minutes. Those who have began to believe the simulation explain this by stating they do not feel well and request the parties they are with to walk with them back to the location of their choosing. Others say nothing at all, realizing that the masters will destroy them, silently walk to safe locations in complete silence awaiting for the "void" to take over (The void is huge lapses of time in which individuals inside the simulation disappear completely) when the person has left the void, they often return to the place where they were going.

The Void: The void, as mentioned, is something else people never discuss but remains as one of the problems by the masterminds of the simulation. Individuals sometimes vanish for real life days at a time, which sometimes amounts to a month or more of an individual vanishing by the simulation's time. When they return, they often say they were "asleep" or that they were "visiting faerun" or "on another plane." Those who believe the simulation welcome them back to existence, while those more skeptical often remark on how someone can sleep for several months at a time or how they existed in planes that are known to not have air. Regardless, they rarely discuss these events for fear of the Simulation's masters.

To be continued. ..

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:04 pm

La'laskra is female Vhaeraun for conservative Drow.
20 RPR GANG

The Salt Elemental

Post by The Salt Elemental » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:14 am

Arelith is actually a simulation made up by the gods.
"We rise and we fall
and we break
and we make our mistakes
and if there's a reason
I'm still alive
when so many have died,
then I'm willing' to wait for it."

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:18 am

The Salt Elemental wrote:Arelith is actually a simulation made up by the GNOMES.

Gable Morninglord
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Gable Morninglord » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 pm

Kyle Eldafire was a Banite.
Man of Action.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:13 pm

Gable Morninglord wrote:Kyle Eldafire was a Banite.
IS.

He's not really gone.

He's just waiting.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 am

Baron Saturday wrote:
IS.

He's not really gone.

He's just waiting.
Noooo,no more for Kyle...Arcavius suffered enough with everything that happened to his first fully trained squire :cry:

:lol:
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:37 am

Baron Saturday wrote:
IS.

He's not really gone.

He's just waiting.
Ingeborg said that the whole time! Kyle did nothing good.
20 RPR GANG

Terenfel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Terenfel » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Venach wrote:(This is all in good humor, don't take me seriously that I'm making fun of anything)

Arelith is a simulation created by group of liches, who by absolute boredom of living thousands of years, created it. These liches often disagree about the simulation, but after a decade of perfecting it, have agreed on a number of things.

Individuals have been trapped on this plane, and when trapped, they are told the "rules" of this simulation and told to NEVER speak of it or they will be wiped out of existence....
This is Gold.. waiting for the next part! :)

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:12 am

Banite weddings are putting the couple on trial for the crimes of showing indiscriminate affection, and concealing fraternisation from your superior officers. The punishment for such a crime, to be decided by a jury of your peers, is usually for the condemned happy couple to be joined in holy matrimony.

(as told by rosenkranz to lucia and helene)

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:45 am

Hah! I knew that sounded familiar.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:33 pm

The Blades Encarmine were an inside job.
20 RPR GANG

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:16 pm

100%

Pakito

Post by Pakito » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:46 pm

The magic over the island of Arelith is so intense that trees regrow in a matter of hours, monsters breed faster than insects, and metal ores miraculously return to existence after having been depleted after half a day.

This also affects the living creatures, causing them to age extremely slowly, sometimes even to the point of never aging. And death is not the end for most of them. The magic isn't without faults, though, as there have been incidents of real deaths. For most, however, dying is only a painful and traumatizing process, and nothing more. One is spat out by death because the strange magic over Arelith generally does not allow a soul to escape the realm of the living unwillingly.

This theory is also further proved to be real since the Gods interact with this archipelago far more often than anywhere else. Many scholars have pondered whether those arriving in Arelith are truly chosen of the many deities.

The Salt Elemental

Post by The Salt Elemental » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:10 am

The Blades Encarmine are actually all Bhaalists.
"We rise and we fall
and we break
and we make our mistakes
and if there's a reason
I'm still alive
when so many have died,
then I'm willing' to wait for it."

TG
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe

Post by TG » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:07 am

The idea to use an arcane ritual which involved sacrifices in an attempt to cease the undead scourge which Kholigon found itself under was implemented by an up and coming demon lord; Davis.

Davis manipulated the island's priests, mages, and authorities into actively participating. And in the process of the plan's execution, Kholigon was sunk. But. Before the end, a few of those led astray found Davis and entrapped him in the body of a small chicken.

Even now Davis waits. His true body asleep. And one day he shall be free to reign over all.
"You can't a fool a me there ain't no sanity clause." - Chico

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:03 am

Cordor and the rest of the island share a different GMT.
:)

Stath

Post by Stath » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:24 am

Captain Laurick masterminded the destruction of Wharftown by ferrying violent murderhobos in, because he was sick of being charged a fee by the town officials to berth there. He now pays no fee because Wharftown is a crater, yet still charges full price. Thus doubling his profit margin.
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

TG
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe

Post by TG » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:51 am

Amadeo is a rogue modron who has slowly been ascending their hierarchal society.
He is currently a Quinton and will, one day, become Primus.
His existence is only allowed through Primus' curiosity of Arelith and lack of want to call a great march.
"You can't a fool a me there ain't no sanity clause." - Chico