Random PvP?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Might-N-Magic

Random PvP?

Post by Might-N-Magic » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:12 pm

I'm new here and after my first day of rat slaying, I came up into Cordor and looked around, reading a sign...

Out of nowhere, this dwarf (played by "Gent Khazad") I've never even seen before rushes me, attacking, killing me in two hits in the middle of town without a word. Is this how the server is? Some nice guys resurrected me, but I guess that dwarf stole the gold (and all morning's work for it).

Someone said to screenshot it, but it's too big for your forum apparently.

Mr_Rieper

Re: Random PvP?

Post by Mr_Rieper » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:17 pm

You should send it to the DMs in a report. Public threads like this tend to turn ugly because it's something that can and does happen more often than we'd hope, and people have a lot of anger about it.

The answer to your question is no, this isn't how the server normally is. But it can happen, and Murphy's Law means it will eventually happen to people who don't deserve it. NWN isn't an MMO game, there aren't as many restrictions on what you can do to other players.

My advice would be to delete the thread and click on the "private messages" button next to your profile, up top, and select Active DMs. Send it all in a message to them. You can "attach" screenshots by pasting the screenie into Discord, then copying the link to that picture into the forum message.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Random PvP?

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:26 pm

Hello! Rieper is right! We've got your report and I promise you we will look into it! (I just chatted to you In Game! (-: )

I am very sorry that your first experience with the server was so negative. For what it's worth, in my experience events like this are unusual, as Mr Rieper says.

For future reference though!

Reporting in this situation is TOTTALY a good idea! If we dont know it happened, we can't deal with it and alas, we're not omipresent! So thanks for dropping that report, and never feel worried about contacting us about such things. As you likely know, we work on a RP before PvP basis. No one should just be pvping your character without any line of dialogue or anything.

Rieper is right - the best way to report these things is through a Forum PM. Don't worry, the information you gave IG when we talked was plenty so no need for you to do so now! But if you have PvP issues in future, then drop us a report. It takes us a little while sometimes to scan through things, check details and so on, especialy if the case is complex.

Reporting things openly on the forum generally is not the way to go, though I g et why you did it. I'll lock this thread but keep it up for reference for others later (-:

Again, I'm sorry your first experience of the server wasn't much fun. My only other advice is try to treat it In Character, make Roleplay out of it, and turn those lemons into lemonaid. It's still bad that it happend, but you may as well use bad things to enhance your fun, rather than to ruin it.

If you've any other questions, please feel free to drop us a PM!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)