Concept: The Chained Brigade of the Black City

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Dagonlives

Concept: The Chained Brigade of the Black City

Post by Dagonlives » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:38 am

In the deep there is no light, and no hope. Only the cracking of the lash and the clanking of the chains. The slavemaster shouts and his charges scramble forward, screaming in terror as they charge ahead of the black-clad vanguard into battle, chaff for their betters. Drow, orog, men and dwarves coldly observe in their serried ranks. Many die, catching arrows, or flaming magic, or slain by the brightly lit swords of those arrayed against them, their shining armor and weapons giving contrast to the horror of their expressions as they cut down the unwilling slave-soldiers of the Black City. Some survive, bellowing their triumphs as they hack through the armored ranks of paladins and knights, while otherwise are trampled underfoot or left discarded. Forgotten entirely.

What is this concept:

The Chained Brigade is a slave-battalion, of varied scum, heroes, and others all united by fear of the lash and the iron collar. Due to recent concerns in the Black City regarding the handling of slaves, some individuals of note have taken the intiative to form them into useful tools for the defense of Andunor, a proof of concept to see if such is possible.

Why would this concept be interesting to me?

As a player I haven't always seen slavery as that appealing, and part of this concept would be to craft a more cohesive narrative and focus on the horror of slavery, with clear purpose and comradery to the Chained Brigade. Slaves are heavily restricted and uniquely challenging to Arelith. With the right masters and incentives, they can be quite fun to play, and provide a unique experience.

How do I join this concept?

Simply shoot me a PM on this forum, and we can talk in more detail.

Recommended Alignments are:
Neutral or Evil. Good is possible, but hard.

Recommended Classes: are any, but paladins and goodly aligned clerics will struggle.

Recommended Races:
Any, but elves, and hins will struggle more then other races, and may find the conditions extremely challenging.

PM me if you have interest in either playing a slave-master or a slave.
My Rp kinda like droppin' a betta in an otherwise serene fish-tank.

Current Concepts:
Jhaamdath Wenchslayer, Drow weaponmaster and pirate captain

Eruantien Chil Ryilnn Aelorothi Aleansha, War-mage and Diviner of Evermeet. .

Mirw
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Concept: The Chained Brigade of the Black City

Post by Mirw » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:39 am

Nice idea, bit like warhammer 40k feeling in my readings.. Love IT! :)
"Burn Them All!"
Plays as Ret, the pyromaniac tribal wargob

Memelord

Post by Memelord » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:04 pm

I've toyed with the idea of founding a slave army in the past, but I've always went for a more Mameluke/Janissary/Sardaukar vibe. Good luck, though!

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:31 pm

Could we get away with calling it Andunor, the Black City, in game?

Really nice concept btw.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:30 pm

Mirw wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:39 am
Nice idea, bit like warhammer 40k feeling in my readings.. Love IT! :)
I got serious vibes of fascist Italy, they had a militia called the Black Brigade.

Anyway, Dagonlives, a very kewl idea! I've had scruples about the slave RP as well but this concept is more palatable. I also have a character ready who would fit the brigade, but I'm not sure how much time I will have to play. I will contact you if I find said time, however!
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect