CaGUI - Cagus's Alternative GUI

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Cagus

CaGUI - Cagus's Alternative GUI

Post by Cagus » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi,
christmas are here and I have a little gift for you all.

You will find it here(I recommend to subscribe whole collection):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1570312608
(even if you don't want to use than main 'transparent' GUI, you can still use all the icons, they are not dependent)

Some ten years ago I had this little project of mine to make prettier GUI for NWN. So I made this semi transparent and smoother changes to textures of GUI and me and few of my friends were using it for this ten years. With EE released I swept spiderwebs of it and started preparing steam releasable version. Then I got few ideas what to improve and then I also started to colourize icons all over the game. From stolen hour here and there I continued and project grew and I was waiting until I have most of it done. That time has come, so yesterday I publish what is done (actually only weapon feats are missing, I will work on those after fine-tuning of released content is done).

What does it offer:
  • Semi-transparency of all windows, so you can see what's happening behind
  • Scaled hp bar
  • Red rest button, so you know when you are out of fight
  • Categorized attributes (with skills fitting this categorization, and statuses)
  • Expanded list (and icons) of immunities
  • Expanded feats with fitting icons
  • Colorized metamagic small icons
  • Categorized status icons (e.g. when blue, it has to do with movement alteration, so you can easy find if you are hasted and such)
...and there is vast amount of little other changes not mentioned

What's going on is, these are edited (mostly) tga files. Of course if you are already using some icon changes, this could collide.
For example Colorized Icons - Combined by The Amethyst Dragon are completely replaced by my mods.
On the other I can only recommend using Amethyst Dragon's colourized spells and scrolls with CaGUI, because I don't intend to colourize those, these are perfect.

But I would have a little entreaty for community, which is to help me test my mods. Try them and let me know if they collide with another used mods and also more importantly the changes you would like to see to be made. Something's not working for you, you feel some part annoying or even intrusive, let me know. I intent to continue my work to perfection and satisfaction of mine and yours. If you are interested in longer collaboration or just one time suggestion,
please contact me via
e-mail: caguss@gmail.com
here on forum: Cagus
leave comment on steam discussion of mod
or leave comment here in this topic.
Even better for faster finding intended part, send me a screenshot or even the file you mean to get changed.
I appreciate any suggestions or comments.

What I am working on now:
  • Fine-tuning of released content on your reactions
  • Colourized little metamagic icons* (done)
  • Arelith specific changes (like playertool 1)*
  • Improved and distinguished thieve's tools*(done)
  • Weapon feats
  • Compact log*
  • Inventory
  • Chatbox
*these are done, but need more testing

Hope you will enjoy a game even better with my GUI
Yours one and truly
Cagus
Last edited by Cagus on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cagus

Re: CaGUI - Cagus's Alternative GUI

Post by Cagus » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Little sneakpeek:

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dalek Caan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:09 pm

I have it. And I love it. Thank you <3

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:19 pm

Looks great, well done! It good to see that people are still making decent options for people, in terms of mods and customisation. I'm subbed to it on the workshop.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

naturaly

Post by naturaly » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:28 pm

Looks great, I’ll give it a go!

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DM Symphony » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:38 am

This is great work. You should post it on the vault. Additionally, you should consider putting them into a clean hak so that you can declutter override folders for non-steam users, haks can be loaded like overrides on game-start without needing to be present in the server as mentioned here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/6 ... ficial-faq

I like to load my override collections like this because it makes them easy to turn on and off without worrying about missing anything, or overwriting anything. Haks loaded like this can be stacked as well, allowing soft-overwrites without losing files.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:38 pm

This is some pretty amazing stuff! I have two questions:

1) Will you ever put any of this into an override pack for those not using a Steam version?
2) If so, can I include portions of it into my little override pack here on the forums? (with credits, of course!)
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Zahlfire

Post by Zahlfire » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:18 am

I like it! I'm testing it out before I fully commit to it yet. I'm enjoying it quite a bit and being able to see through my chat boxes is nice (my previous UI didn't have transparency.)
The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:48 am
Perhaps the takeaway is not to go 'Ugh. Lesbians... we should cull them.'
Currently plays: N/A

Who to PM and When

Feel free to PM me with Lore questions!

Cagus

Post by Cagus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi everyone,
thanks for all positive feedback, you cannot imagine motivational any appreciation is.
DM Symphony wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:38 am
This is great work. You should post it on the vault. Additionally, you should consider putting them into a clean hak so that you can declutter override folders for non-steam users, haks can be loaded like overrides on game-start without needing to be present in the server as mentioned here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/6 ... ficial-faq

I like to load my override collections like this because it makes them easy to turn on and off without worrying about missing anything, or overwriting anything. Haks loaded like this can be stacked as well, allowing soft-overwrites without losing files.
Hi Symphony,
I definitely intent to release a non-steam version. But I want to take about month to fine-tune it first. Then I will make (probably) all-in-one pack and follow your advice (put on vault and such).
Hope I can contact you for further advices in future when time comes to put it together. Now, I am in beta testing stage.
Skibbles wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:38 pm
This is some pretty amazing stuff! I have two questions:

1) Will you ever put any of this into an override pack for those not using a Steam version?
2) If so, can I include portions of it into my little override pack here on the forums? (with credits, of course!)
Hi Skibbles,
1) As in answer to Symphony I intend to do it after the beta testing stage. I am still working on the project (right now I will probably remake the party/hp bar completely).
2) Of course I won't have problem with it, I just appeal to you to be patient and wait few weeks so I can finish the fine-tuning. Also can you post me here link to your pack, had no luck finding it.

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:26 pm

Thanks for answering!

I actually found a way to get into some of the ones that appealed to me the most and pick and choose what I liked (or rather, what I didn't have colored just yet because I love colors). For example I dug into the steam download for the color status effects which look amazing and found it puts it into an override folder already, so I simply moved the files over to my actual override and it worked!

Here's a link to my post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18703

All in all they're much the same except mine won't have the transparency like yours (it's too disorienting for me) and I'm using all the old colorized stuff from the old days like spells and scrolls and feats.

If you want to tweak a few things I'll just hold off on posting an update =) no problem!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Cagus

Post by Cagus » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:32 pm

Well there is a lot of stuff made on vault, a lot of colourized icons and so, I just started from a new and made all from scratch, because some I didn't like and some I just wanted to make so they are all unified with the idea and style I was using. (a some points in these 8 months of working on it, I have to say I enjoyed even more than actually playing the game).

The first update is on now, it is a hp bar remade. (it only concerns CaGUI - transparent GUI, at version 2.3).

Also I am thinking about some texture process experimentation. If someone knows where to find good txi file tutorial, please let me know, I am still without luck to find some.

Richørd

Post by Richørd » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:29 am

Been using your UI. Fantastic. Good work and thanks for putting it up to Steam's workshop.

Cagus

Post by Cagus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:41 pm

I uploaded the Thieves tools override

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1666629283

Cagus

Post by Cagus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:46 pm

And also update on Menu icons, now metamagic at spellicon.

Green - Extended
Red - Empowered
Purple - Maximized
Yellow - Quicken
White - Silent
Teal - Still

Cagus

Post by Cagus » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Hi,
just added new mod, 289 colourized icons of the weapon related feats.

(Unfortunately arelith now uses only a fraction of these, but the set is completely for single player or use on other servers.)

With these I think I am done with colouring the icons completely.

Any comments and suggestions appreciated.

Apothys

Post by Apothys » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:24 pm

I downloaded and used all of them, however i found in character creation it did not recognise i have the arelith portrait pack anymore as a result. So i was forced to remove them :(

Talandis Tanor'Thal
Kalnafein Cress'delbarra
Tanis Thade
Merklynn Steelshadow II
Gulmyr Dro'Vaalvaz
Aerik Northman

Cagus

Post by Cagus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:52 am

Apothys wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:24 pm
I downloaded and used all of them, however i found in character creation it did not recognise i have the arelith portrait pack anymore as a result. So i was forced to remove them :(
Well, I never released anything to clash with portraits, but I myself am experiencing some strange bug of steam workshop, when some of the modes are just not applied in that instance, then I restart the computer, and some others are not applied and these are. This has nothing to do with the icons, as those are just override tga files (images). It hs to be something with how workshop applies the modes. Nothing I was able and probably can solve.

I would recommend to try again and restart computer. Or ultimately, put the files directly into override directory.
I am using these with portrait pack.