Haks/Mods - Rollout & Expectations

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Zed

Re: Haks/Mods - Rollout & Expectations

Post by Zed » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:13 am

I personally would like to see a few classes from Heroes of Horror books added as well as feats

Coming to mind

Dread Necromancers

Dread knights

Stuff like that

ForgottenBhaal

Post by ForgottenBhaal » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:16 pm

This thread has been illuminating. I am looking forward to the hats, and tile-sets. And rideable worgs. means I can make my goblin rider a reality.

Aelipse

Post by Aelipse » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:39 pm

I am a bit more skeptical and conservative when it comes to large changes like inviting HAKs.

I really liked the head models on a different server where I used to play, but generally the visual changes don't really fit the style of the game (which I like the way it is). When it comes to mechanical changes, it tends to be even worse. The balance of the world is a very fragile thing and introducing new classes, new spells and abilities might be destructive to the whole world.

I know the admins are cautious people and believe they won't jump head-first into potentially destructive ideas. I am writing this to let you know that not all players are super-hyped by the prospect of potentially radical changes.

A little fellow

Post by A little fellow » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:45 pm

I think it would be a good idea to see tutorials about how to go about creating assets like the ones people have been referencing (Character models, texture packs, etc ..) here, so that there could potentially grow a community lead project for future Haks used.
Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're dutiful

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dalek Caan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:35 am

A little fellow wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:45 pm
I think it would be a good idea to see tutorials about how to go about creating assets like the ones people have been referencing (Character models, texture packs, etc ..) here, so that there could potentially grow a community lead project for future Haks used.
I wanna jump on that bandwagon. I'd love to work on some stuff, but... I have no clue where to start.

Draco

Post by Draco » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:51 am

I'm still pretty new to the server, seeing all that was accomplished with nothing more than the base game is pretty amazing. I used to play on Amia, where haks are used to a great extent. From my time there and what little time I've been here all I can say is DON'T GO OVERBOARD. As pretty and flashy as some of the things available are, certain things like tilesets tend to gum up the works. If you are going to do a hak then continue to focus on the "less is more" dynamic of Arelith.

I would like to see ACP added to the hak myself, allows to choose alternate combat animations.