Haks/Mods - Rollout & Expectations

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Haks/Mods - Rollout & Expectations

Post by DM Symphony » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Yes, those are tail-scaled creatures, and therefore do not have any animation scaling (slowing down or speeding up animations based on size given same landspeed travel rate)

Rooshi49

Post by Rooshi49 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Back to crafting systems!

Is it possible to make new modifiers and things to more reflect a game like Path of Exile. That game as the best crafting system I've EVER seen.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crafting

If there could be alchemical consumables that require 35+ DC to make that could wipe off properties and reshape how an item is (like turning a belt with xyz properties into a pair of gloves with xyz properties) that'd be awesome. I know alot of this would kind of step on the toes of the runic system and enchanting system . . but it'd be cool if there were some OTHER ways to craft some truly unique gear.

So far the best thing you can get (DIsclaimer: As far as I know and in my opinion) is just . . .

+1 Attribute
+1 Attribute
+1 Unisave / Attribue
+1 Specific save
+2 skill
+2 skill

(I would detail how thats possible . . but FOIG stuff . . amiright?)

But what if you took something like say . . . a Dawn's Glimmer . . but you want what it has on it, but you don't want it as an amulet, because you want to use Amulet XYZ, could there be a hack that could turn a Dawn's Glimmer from an amulet into a belt with a consumable? Then you could make a consumable that has a percentage chance to destroy the belt, but let you remove a random proprety, cause you don't like one of the stats. Then another consumable that lets you add a random property that can't be done in the enchanting basin, but can't be removed! ETC ETC. . I'm just spit balling ideas here.

But you could make truly unique pieces of gear and with the benefit that it would potentially make the less used items in the server used as crafting bases! Also alchemists would have some reason to get above 35 DC. But you could honestly do this for Herbalism. too.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Rooshi49 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Is it possible to make new modifiers and things to more reflect a game like Path of Exile. That game as the best crafting system I've EVER seen.

If there could be alchemical consumables that require 35+ DC to make that could wipe off properties and reshape how an item is (like turning a belt with xyz properties into a pair of gloves with xyz properties) that'd be awesome. I know alot of this would kind of step on the toes of the runic system and enchanting system . . but it'd be cool if there were some OTHER ways to craft some truly unique gear.

So far the best thing you can get (DIsclaimer: As far as I know and in my opinion) is just . . .

+1 Attribute
+1 Attribute
+1 Unisave / Attribue
+1 Specific save
+2 skill
+2 skill

But what if you took something like say . . . a Dawn's Glimmer . . but you want what it has on it, but you don't want it as an amulet, because you want to use Amulet XYZ, could there be a hack that could turn a Dawn's Glimmer from an amulet into a belt with a consumable? Then you could make a consumable that has a percentage chance to destroy the belt, but let you remove a random proprety, cause you don't like one of the stats. Then another consumable that lets you add a random property that can't be done in the enchanting basin, but can't be removed! ETC ETC. . I'm just spit balling ideas here.

But you could make truly unique pieces of gear and with the benefit that it would potentially make the less used items in the server used as crafting bases! Also alchemists would have some reason to get above 35 DC. But you could honestly do this for Herbalism. too.
if we were going to change crafting i would prefer a CNR setup or Vulcanos from the vault
Yes I can sign

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Yes I can sign

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:33 pm

and hats that are not robes and fancy neck things

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... -neck-pack
Yes I can sign

Rooshi49

Post by Rooshi49 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:11 pm

Ebonstar wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:25 pm
Rooshi49 wrote:

+1 Attribute
+1 Attribute
+1 Unisave / Attribue
+1 Specific save
+2 skill
+2 skill

if we were going to change crafting i would prefer a CNR setup or Vulcanos from the vault
Can you elaborate on why you think those would be better? I've never used them before, and I can't find any videos on how they work either.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:19 pm

Rooshi49 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:11 pm
Ebonstar wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:25 pm
Rooshi49 wrote:

+1 Attribute
+1 Attribute
+1 Unisave / Attribue
+1 Specific save
+2 skill
+2 skill

Can you elaborate on why you think those would be better? I've never used them before, and I can't find any videos on how they work either.
we use a cnr system but there are other variants as well. we stop with adamantine as the top of the pile while others add higher tiers, just like we did when we added ashwood bows

vulcanos system is on the vault
Yes I can sign

Basementfellow

Post by Basementfellow » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:37 pm

I wish we could add 1 use per day spells on items.

Where is my Amulet of Time-Stop.
Iceborn wrote:I shall very inefficiently murder with a spoon the next individual that mentions Shrek.

Ecthelion

Post by Ecthelion » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:32 am

I'd like to see lances fixed, if this is possible with haks.
The one sold by the Radiant Heart NPC is totally bugged and I have been told is was not possible to fix it before. The properties listed on the item are not applying.
Also, perhaps making weapon focus and such for those. And a feat to ride in indoors areas. So that one can make a rider char, perhaps ?
Just throwing ideas :p

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:35 pm

In 2017 Yellowcateyes said "Changing the PC's base racial type is, sadly, not easy to do under vanilla NWN mechanics. (You can see this in goblin and hobgoblin PCs, who are still mechanically halflings and half-elves respectively). While I can fix individual spell scripts that have been overlooked, a proper implementation of a playable undead race will likely have to wait until NWNEE and/or haks."

Now that we're in EE and haks are on the horizon (hopefully), maybe this.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:35 pm

I would really, really, really like a head model that has horns for my elven tiefling!

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:10 am

Hazard wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:35 pm
I would really, really, really like a head model that has horns for my elven tiefling!
I think your tiefling has a tail? if so, then it ain't possible to get both.. that's what DM Grumpy told me.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:13 am

Seekeepeek wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:10 am
Hazard wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:35 pm
I think your tiefling has a tail? if so, then it ain't possible to get both.. that's what DM Grumpy told me.
Not the place to discuss this, but they already have both and have had since creation. I had my character concept approved before using up my reward. I was very thorough!
Last edited by Hazard on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:14 am

I'd really like to see goblin, kobold, gnolls, etc able to show off armor and clothing.

gesseritt
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by gesseritt » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:11 pm

Would absolutely love, love, love to see my favorite base class from DnD added—the Psionicist! (Maybe Cerebremancer as a prestige class as well, if that's possible.)

Here's the psionics hakpak from the Vault that seems like it's gone through extensive updating and remains customizable: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... ionics-tlk

Of course, the PrC also has a ton of interesting classes, including the Cerbremancer and Psion along with the mechanics. Is it possible to cherry pick classes or mechanics from the PrC?

Overall though, I think more base classes are in order. Obviously, Warlock will be implemented, but all that come to mind:
- Psionicist
- Spirit Shaman/Mystic
- Thug
- Swashbuckler
- Favored Soul
- Psychic Warrior
- Crusader
- Ninja

On the Prestige side:
- Cerebremancer
- Demonologist
- Arcane Trickster
- Red Wizard of Thay
- Warpriest
- Eldritch Knight
- Archmage
- Mystic Theurge
- Doomguide
- Necromancer
- Child of the Night
Discord: gesseritt#9934

Rooshi49

Post by Rooshi49 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:54 am

I would love to see some of the lesser used weapons get tweaks to make the variety in viable weaponry on the server increased.

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dalek Caan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Not sure if it's viable but I'd love to see an Arelith-exclusive, customly built hak-pack with a set standard for any visual addition or tweak. I am very afraid of a ton of things coming in (I'm thinking hats, jeans, etc.) That will look wildly out of place.

With a community this size, it might just be possible to assemble a team of content creators lead by someone experienced with an eye for the general look and visual/aesthetic direction of the server and game.

Before all of that, it would be cool to learn what the new graphics engine is capable of and how a content creator can play to its advantages. That's mostly technical talk though and I'm by no means an expert.

cornelius_4
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by cornelius_4 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:17 pm

I'd like to see more helmets and hats, it's a significant piece of how the character presents itself and I often find that I only like a few of them on a character. Many can seem a little out of place on a smaller character too, more options would be neat.

I present to you this properly huge and majestic hat as irrefutable evidence for this :)

Leshpar

Post by Leshpar » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:55 pm

CEP is one of the greatest things to happen to NWN. To avoid that when you finally decide to use haks for the first time for some ungodly reason seems....not right. Personally I'd rather stick with no haks whatsoever. Its what makes Arelith Arelith.

That said, if you ever try playing on Forgotten realms Thay server, they have playable gnolls that show armor and have different fur colors. Their manes also sway with movement/wind direction. I'd love to see more customization for the monster races that currently have none.

Rooshi49

Post by Rooshi49 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Give the ability to weight reduce fixtures! The RP possibilities from that alone are huge.

Sir Nathaniel

Post by Sir Nathaniel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:09 am

I would love to see some more paths for some of the classes that don't have any. Give some spells to certain class that would in list that would make sense things like magic vestments, protection from negative energy and to paladin lists as a example. A few different appearance of weapons armor. Some new feats maybe. New weapons stuff like that.

Niffie

Post by Niffie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:57 am

I'd just like to see more character customization options. Both more head options as well as customizable outfits. The generic character heads and oufits of Arelith has been the biggest drawback for me since I joined. I've never quite felt like my character was unique in any regard. Especially considering 90% of all female elves use the same hairstyle/head option.

Anime Sword Fighter

Post by Anime Sword Fighter » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:25 am

my biggest desire rn is getting a functional disguise command again

Rooshi49

Post by Rooshi49 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:53 am

Anime Sword Fighter wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:25 am
my biggest desire rn is getting a functional disguise command again
^

garrbear758