Hacks!

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cerk Evermoore

Hacks!

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:14 am

Is this feedback? I don't even know. While enhanced edition has made things harder in some ways, it definitely makes it easier for players to instal hacks and play with them. What was before a daunting challenge is now as easy as entering the steam workship and searching Arelith. Perhaps the distant shores server should be left hackless so random folks can still access the server and find out what Arelith is all about. But having played on Ravenloft it is pretty obvious that there are some pretty sweet hacks out there and it has a lot of great potential for the server. So let's dig up the grave on this good old discussion and discuss hacks.

Royal Blood

Re: Hacks!

Post by Royal Blood » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:24 am

I think it has been said and decided that when the auto hak downloader comes out Arelith would incoperate some Haks that are reasonable. Since Irongron has already shown off some hak made city content I assume they are ready to move on this when things become accessible.

Which is cool, because yes, there are some -amazing- Haks and arelith would benefit a -ton- from having them.
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Covex

Post by Covex » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:43 am

Yeeh I do remember that testing with mods on arelith at one point.

I do think with how the game is at the moment and it runs like trash, I don't think using mods is a good idea even if you can get 100 fps in one area I tend to drop to 20 in the tower back then I used to get 60 in DE but in EE it's allround crap fps lol.

But if it's made for Arelith and Arelith alone that would be cool if you think about it
"How can a fey even turn into a werewolf?" -Borbag Malshurd

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:19 am

The plan since last i've seen is have a part of the server with Haks and that the Haks would be used but within reason nothing too much game changing,that might have changed though.It was put on halt for the EE transition

But yeah,the team seems to be waiting for the IG tool that downloads automatically haks for servers to come out of the dev build.

Edit: Here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21456
Also,i think it's best you use the word Haks lol just to not be confused with actual hacks
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:37 am

I just want the classic head and clothing options added, that most RP servers used to roll with back in the day.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:33 am

Steam isn't very reliable; I've been using it for Anemoi and need to still have a manual download option for the many people for whom steam doesn't work as simply as it should.

nwsync should fix this though, and make haks easy and viable. Fingers firmly crossed.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:50 am

I would look at some of the Hak content before dismissing them as disruptive. If servers like Ravenloft which do run smoothly with huge hak usage we are really missing out on a ton on content.

One thing is just cosmetics, there are a ton of neat armour models that would add a lot of flavor and way more cosmetic options.
I am not on a team.

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:00 am

I thought someone got hacked.

Drexyl N~drass

Post by Drexyl N~drass » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Delano has real hands! REAL HANDS! That alone is enough. Prayer time looks like I'm eating and invisible sammich and that makes me laugh every time.

It's the little things

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Heh everyone should use the hands over-ride XD No more club fist!

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... ryus-hands

I think that is the right one
I am not on a team.

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:12 am

I download that first before doing anything.

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:46 pm

I just want the cavalier hat with a feather so I can properly play a rapier weapon master from Cormyr. Those who have messed with CEP or played on some other servers, will know exactly which hat I'm taking about.

Oh the year was 1778...

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Rockstar1984 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:46 pm
I just want the cavalier hat with a feather so I can properly play a rapier weapon master from Cormyr. Those who have messed with CEP or played on some other servers, will know exactly which hat I'm taking about.
Those hats were super cool!

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Some things from PotM I miss include:
-The short cloaks where you can dye the bottom half mirror and it becomes transparent, giving you a short cloak.

- There's a cool looking satchel.

- HOLDABLE BOOKS! And umbrellas are pretty cool too, I like whipping them out once it starts raining. You can see books in the next screenshot

- HATS. The CEP feather hat as was previously said, but the wizard hat is great too.

- MORE COATS! There's a lot of really great robe models.

- CLOTHING! Vests! Suspenders!

- HEADS!

- There are some cool animations they have as well. Animations can be combined with holding objects as well:

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:16 pm

nice potm added a :thinking: animation

Cerk Evermoore

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:49 pm

Great post to show folks how great the hacks can be. This is potentially just a small piece of the treat things they may allow us to achieve.

Coul

Post by Coul » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:02 am

Really looking forward to the release of NWsync and what improvements arelith will be bringing to the table

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:46 am

I'm looking forward to new clothing options, with the unlimited possibilities with Arelith's single body part colour dying system.

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dalek Caan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:00 am

I really want to see haks for classes and mechanics, first thing.

Updated spell/feat descriptions? Yes please! An actual warlock class? Yes please!

As for cosmetic stuff, I'd like to see a broader variety of weapons and new animations in general. I can live without clothing and new head models, mainly because many of them are done in a fairly different way from NWN.

Coul

Post by Coul » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:59 am

It would also be nice to see more custom arelith spells similar to the -scry -teleport and the -project_image commands it can lead to very interesting rp and QoL content

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:44 pm

We'd want, at first, to add icons and proper classes with Haks making it look better and try and avoid spells with commands. Adding new spells as well would go a long way. Small things like customisation like new clothing and weapon parts also goes a long way for relatively small size compared to bunch of new tilesets.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:51 pm

tbh many of the CEP customisations I've seen look a little to warcrafty to fit into Arelith' look and feel imo. Others look super wonky and make the game look even more dated than it already does.

I hope you Devs continue to have a good feeling for what to introduce, and what to trash.
Be faithful in the face of death
And I will give you the crown of life

Freyason

Post by Freyason » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 pm

Dynamic monster PC? :)

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:48 pm

ActionReplay wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:44 pm
We'd want, at first, to add icons and proper classes with Haks making it look better and try and avoid spells with commands. Adding new spells as well would go a long way. Small things like customisation like new clothing and weapon parts also goes a long way for relatively small size compared to bunch of new tilesets.
And the stress and dread of incoming mechanical changes begins to wash over me.

A little fellow

Post by A little fellow » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Some of the clothing haks are really great, but some .. not so much. My only hope is that there is some restraint in the designs that are chosen to be added to Arelith so that nothing seems grossly out of place.
Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're dutiful