OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Rooshi49

Re: 24 Hour rule and avoidance.

Post by Rooshi49 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:18 pm

DM Titania wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:28 pm
WYSIWYG.

No one should be using mechanically non-existent children as a reason for no violence in a place, or as a defense against any consequences.

You should avoid even emoting the presence of children, if possible.
This . . . is great to know. I've seen this happen all the time in game as plot armor and various things. I always just accepted it and didn't think of it.

MineTurtle

Post by MineTurtle » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:44 pm

Won't someone please think of the children?

Or, please not think about children? Or both!

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:06 am

I remember playing on a server where staves could be modified to look like a baby in a blanket, that your character cradles to their chest.

... And sometimes uses as a bludgeoning weapon.

Good times.

420chambers

Post by 420chambers » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:58 pm

I wonder if a script could be developed some day in the future which gives the loser a greater sanctuary style effect against the winner for 24 hours? That way they could technically still be in the same area and RP together, although that could be a bit weird in that your friend might say, "Wait, isn't that guy your enemy over there? Wanna go jump him?" - obviously that could be fixed by leaving the area with a, "Whoa, I've got a bad feeling about this!" Similar to how you might have died adventuring with your pals, you all raise together, and you're all, "Good decision to end the adventuring when we did or our lives may have ended along with it!"

idk

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:06 pm

420chambers wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:58 pm
I wonder if a script could be developed some day in the future which gives the loser a greater sanctuary style effect against the winner for 24 hours? That way they could technically still be in the same area and RP together, although that could be a bit weird in that your friend might say, "Wait, isn't that guy your enemy over there? Wanna go jump him?" - obviously that could be fixed by leaving the area with a, "Whoa, I've got a bad feeling about this!" Similar to how you might have died adventuring with your pals, you all raise together, and you're all, "Good decision to end the adventuring when we did or our lives may have ended along with it!"

idk
This kinda sorta already exists, in the sense that, if the loser is not avoiding the winner, they may have Temporary Ban (similar to Greater Sanctuary in effect) cast on them, and thereby become invisible to the winner.

It seems like a convoluted solution when following Wheaton's Law has worked so well in the past.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

420chambers

Post by 420chambers » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:46 am

I mean in a situation where they might accidentally bump into them in awkward fashion such as at the Arcane Tower.

Dagonlives

Post by Dagonlives » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:04 pm

I always just avoided any possible scenario that might have me interact with the person who killed me if I lost a duel or a PvP scenario. If I was killed on the surface, I didn't go there. if I was slain in the hub, I didn't go there. Excetra.

It's really on the courtesy of the loser to let the winner have their moment.
My Rp kinda like droppin' a betta in an otherwise serene fish-tank.

Current Concepts:
Jhaamdath Wenchslayer, Drow weaponmaster and pirate captain

Eruantien Chil Ryilnn Aelorothi Aleansha, War-mage and Diviner of Evermeet. .