Elections Question

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

darthkitteh

Elections Question

Post by darthkitteh » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:27 pm

Just wondering,

The idea of no IC stuff be on the forums makes a lot of sense,
But when it comes to the elections, is it possible to those making speaches to post them on the forum so everyone can see it no matter the time zone.

Mabye only after the speach has been done IN GAME (as to go in par with any "intteruptions")

just a thought :)
Melodia Tsukiko ~ This Soonnnggg is as loonggg as a Skaljard Summer! *She ends with a sudden strike in tune of the notes, once and END*

Party in the forest at midnight

Re: Elections Question

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Transcriptions of their speeches could be put on IG message boards. IMO I'd rather everything be kept IG, one of Arelith's great strengths is how much can be represented in the game world without having to rely on OOC. I'm a huge fan of the IG boards.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:35 pm

If you really wanted to, you could put it in the IC Stories forum, but I would advise against putting it up before the election is over. RP on the forums is not allowed, and if I were a DM, I would consider this sort of post to be inappropriate, as it would most certainly have an effect on IG events.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Echohawk » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:25 pm

Party in the forest at midnight wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:32 pm
Transcriptions of their speeches could be put on IG message boards. IMO I'd rather everything be kept IG, one of Arelith's great strengths is how much can be represented in the game world without having to rely on OOC. I'm a huge fan of the IG boards.
You are very good at your job, and you love it way too much sir.
BUT PLEASE KEEP DOING IT You make me seem like a more badass Chancellor than I feel I am imo.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Echohawk wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:25 pm
Party in the forest at midnight wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:32 pm
You are very good at your job, and you love it way too much sir.
BUT PLEASE KEEP DOING IT You make me seem like a more badass Chancellor than I feel I am imo.
Thank you! In this case though, I mean that political parties could summarize their key points from the debate, or maybe say what the opponent said in a bad light. Something that could be hung up on the IG boards.

I personally really enjoy going and checking the IG boards as my character to learn things. There's no doubt that he then knows that knowledge. On servers that have gossip forums, it feels really impersonal. And reflecting back on it, I was reading about RP happening in places I'd never normally go. I like that on Arelith I need to go and visit places if I want to learn about them. I feel like there's more of a sense of local culture to the settlements as a result.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:42 pm

I see no problem with posting the speeches for people to read after the elections are done.

EDIT: As long as people know they are reading it as players not characters. And it's on the IC stories forum
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde