New player. New IC Story.

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

BoostedSlav

New player. New IC Story.

Post by BoostedSlav » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Hiya guys,

As you can tell from the topic itself - I am new. I have played NWN in my early days, highschool and such on a rpg heavy server back home. Since then I was not able to scratch that rpg itch nearly enough, been jumping from game to game. All in all, I have decided to come back to DnD and NWN and try it out again. That being said, my character is one of the half elf kind - it was my one and only character back in the day and since setting is the most important part for me i wanted to ask about IC stories:

Can I bring my character here to Arelith? I don't mean any special priviledges or anything. I mean writing an IC story of my character's history on the other server. Just giving a heads up for myself and other players of what he actually is/was. I would end the story with a perma memory loss, or something somewhat similar not to interfere with the servers flow.

Is IC a place for that? Or is IC only connected to/with the characters that are on the server already?

PS: Sorry for any grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes that are not simple typos. English is not my first language.

PinataPlethora

Re: New player. New IC Story.

Post by PinataPlethora » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Welcome to the server!

Most characters come to the server with an existing backstory, but it should be one that fits into Arelith's lore, and accounts for your character arriving at level 2. Whatever your story may be, it shouldn't be too difficult to bend it to fit in here, as long as it doesn't involve having already mastered abilities which your character mechanically couldn't have by now.

Most characters also come from somewhere else in Faerun. Some RP as having been born on Arelith, but usually start their characters as children or unknowns, since Arelith is a smallish island, and it's hard to hide local fame.

All of this should ideally be expressed in game, through character interaction. We do have a subforum for in character stories, but interaction through those threads, which would affect in character knowledge or actions, is prohibited.

BoostedSlav

Re: New player. New IC Story.

Post by BoostedSlav » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:47 pm

PinataPlethora wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:41 pm
Welcome to the server!

Most characters come to the server with an existing backstory, but it should be one that fits into Arelith's lore, and accounts for your character arriving at level 2. Whatever your story may be, it shouldn't be too difficult to bend it to fit in here, as long as it doesn't involve having already mastered abilities which your character mechanically couldn't have by now.

Most characters also come from somewhere else in Faerun. Some RP as having been born on Arelith, but usually start their characters as children or unknowns, since Arelith is a smallish island, and it's hard to hide local fame.

All of this should ideally be expressed in game, through character interaction. We do have a subforum for in character stories, but interaction through those threads, which would affect in character knowledge or actions, is prohibited.
Perfectly understandable. I'm doing it more for me, than anything else. Getting back into role playing needs an immersion part that is poor writing - to me. So yea, got everything. Will post soon I hope.
Thanks for the reply.