EE and the Arelith Migration - 6 months in.

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

How do you feel about Enhanced Edition and the Arelith's Migration?

I am unhappy with EE and want Arelith to return to 1.69.
4%
I am unhappy with EE and want Arelith to stay on EE.
26%
I am of neutral outlook towards EE and want Arelith to return to 1.69.
1%
I am of neutral outlook towards EE and want Arelith to stay on EE.
22%
I am happy with EE and want Arelith to stay on EE.
47%

Total votes: 181

Sailormoon~s No1 Fan

Re: EE and the Arelith Migration - 6 months in.

Post by Sailormoon~s No1 Fan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:49 am

I’m really unhappy with EE and the only reason I stick around is Arelith. My issues are crashing, FPS issues and countless other bugs. Going to try remain hopeful.

Specials thanks to the DM team who’ve ported me out of crash loops.

In A Motionless Scene

Post by In A Motionless Scene » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Sometimes I get a slightly worse FPS rate.

In exchange, I get to play. Which at first I only could with nasty workarounds, and then not at all anymore, with 1.69

I‘m sincerely grateful to both Beamdog and the Arelith admins for the EE transition.
Ingenting förutom ett kallt hjärta som dunkar fortfarande.
Ingen rörelse.
Inga drömmar.
Inget ljus.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:58 am

Haks haks haks haks haks haks haks haks. I want them. Not a lot. I just want more head options. More clothing options. More cosmetics in general, that's about it. It's really something I was hoping we'd have by now.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:15 am

Haks would be OK. As long as it's not the crazy mess so many other servers have, those that claim to be serious heavy RP servers and yet you can wear a cloak that says "kik me" on it. Or how about a lightsaber from Star Wars as your longsword? Please, for the love of all things precious and good in Arelith, don't just dump haks down the server and then hope for the best.

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:18 am

MissEvelyn wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:15 am
Please, for the love of all things precious and good in Arelith, don't just dump haks down the server and then hope for the best.
If Irongron did this I think I would eat my hat, and then my shoes too. He has a pretty good handle on what constitutes aesthetic.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:28 am

strong yeet wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:18 am
MissEvelyn wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:15 am
Please, for the love of all things precious and good in Arelith, don't just dump haks down the server and then hope for the best.
If Irongron did this I think I would eat my hat, and then my shoes too. He has a pretty good handle on what constitutes aesthetic.
yeah this is honestly not a concern i'd worry myself with tbh, current devteam aesthetic levels are v on point

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:40 pm

I played/DM'd with ALFA for years on 1.69. I watched our player base die when NWN2 was announced, and never recover (though we didn't have your tech staff) I assume you have solid numbers on the direction that base was going under 1.69, and an opinion where it would have gone after EE came out.

I've no experience with Arelith 1.69, but what I've seen of EE has been amazing both in terms of existing content and the speed up updates. I notice an occasional lag spike, and infrequent crashes just after I log in. I've never seen problems with the Acane Tower foyer. It may be useful to metric player settings / hardware / drivers to get an idea what is causing folk problems.

In addition to the mist placeables, can we nuke some of the Evaard's - those things are annoying as hell ;-þ
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy