One Hundred Hours In :)

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Joheshua

One Hundred Hours In :)

Post by Joheshua » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:24 pm

Well I have played this game for over 100 hours now lol and it has been very, very enjoyable!

It is really the people that make it so fun to play so I wanted to do something to give back to the community. What I want to do is give someone else who maybe can not afford it, or maybe can not buy it right now for whatever reason the chance to play as well.

So, just make a comment +1 and on Friday I am going to use a random number generator or some 20 sided die to choose which post # with a +1 will get an EE edition of the game gifted through steam.

Please I just ask only +1 if you really need it, I want it to go to someone who otherwise would not be able to play, prefer that over someone who just wants to test it out for free heh.

Feel free to +1 if it is for a friend/relative of yours who maybe can not afford it.

In Ilmaters name, good luck :)

Hannibal

Re: One Hundred Hours In :)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:50 pm

this aint even the actual amount

Joheshua

Post by Joheshua » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:39 am

Hannibal wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:50 pm

this aint even the actual amount
Ha nice, I cant imagine how many hours I would have played here if I had known NWN had servers like this back around release. I was hooked on Asheron's Call since 2000 till it shut down a year or so ago, so never really checked this game out too much.

Glad they came out with this EE edition, been craving a nice RPG for a long time and this game(specifically Arileth) delivers.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:53 am

oh don't worry, you'll stack them up

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:42 am

Once upon a time way back in the day, I had this program called xfire. It was around 2006 or so. I'd just broken 2500 hours. (To be fair, this counts the nights where I fell asleep at my keyboard and a DM was nice enough to port me to a non-accessible zone until I woke up- many, many times.)

I remember thinking to myself that was enough time to learn two new skills if I got up and did something other than play NWN- then promptly sank back into my escapism.

I stopped using Xfire ages ago, but it's been 12 years, and I'm using the Beamdog client. If anything, I'm happy I don't have a counter reminding me what I could have done otherwise with all those hours- because the truth is, for all the adventures I don't have in real life, I do love my imagination and the NWN community has certainly taken me on adventures of epic proportions to replace the things I haven't done. :D

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself here enough to start making your way to your first thousand mark, and congratulations on your first hundred! Trust me, it will happen way faster than you think so long as your life remains relatively stable. NWN is sneaky that way.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Joheshua

Post by Joheshua » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:05 pm

Aelryn Bloodmoon wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:42 am
Once upon a time way back in the day, I had this program called xfire. It was around 2006 or so. I'd just broken 2500 hours. (To be fair, this counts the nights where I fell asleep at my keyboard and a DM was nice enough to port me to a non-accessible zone until I woke up- many, many times.)

I remember thinking to myself that was enough time to learn two new skills if I got up and did something other than play NWN- then promptly sank back into my escapism.

I stopped using Xfire ages ago, but it's been 12 years, and I'm using the Beamdog client. If anything, I'm happy I don't have a counter reminding me what I could have done otherwise with all those hours- because the truth is, for all the adventures I don't have in real life, I do love my imagination and the NWN community has certainly taken me on adventures of epic proportions to replace the things I haven't done. :D

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself here enough to start making your way to your first thousand mark, and congratulations on your first hundred! Trust me, it will happen way faster than you think so long as your life remains relatively stable. NWN is sneaky that way.
According to my calculations you would be around the 7500 hour mark, for better or for worse, only God knows.

Looks like I might be able to use a 4 sided die to determine the beneficiary of this EE edition, maybe I will not have to roll at all.

Praise Ilmater.

Joheshua

Post by Joheshua » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:01 am

mispost

Joheshua

Post by Joheshua » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:57 am

Oh well its Friday, I guess that everyone who reads the forum already has the game heh

Guess I will donate to the server then lol

sulamandora

Post by sulamandora » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:00 am

Welcome to Arelith. Glad you like it here! I shudder to think of how many hours I've logged in this server since I found it in October 2005....

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:08 am

Ill prob be here until the end of time unless a better server or game comes along. Don't think that is happening anytime soon lol.

DreadArtemis

Post by DreadArtemis » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:21 am

Vrass wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:08 am
Ill prob be here until the end of time unless a better server or game comes along. Don't think that is happening anytime soon lol.
Agreed. Came here from the same place you did and I find it will be hard to turn back....

Joheshua

Post by Joheshua » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Yeah I have not had this much fun in an RPG in years really, this is better than any MMO I have played in a long time.

I guess I will donate the 20 dollars to the server by becoming a patron, how do I log into the patreon website with my forum account?