Forced PVP?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Biolab00
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Forced PVP?

Post by Biolab00 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Well, i am a low leveled mage. I simply summoned a walking undead and pass by this guy and i don't even know if he's cleric or not so whatever.

My zombie can't possibly out-run him and he just simply keep chasing me.

Talk a few sentences and just whack my zombie to death.

Holyshit this RP server. I am just playing it so carefree to level up and meet this shit. I'm not sure about other people. But to think that there is this type of people in game. That's it for me, i am gone. Toxic population.

Revelations

Re: Forced PVP?

Post by Revelations » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:36 pm

This is just the type of thread that'll get locked in no-time, so inb4

If you're unsure about FR lore and how people in an FR setting react to undeath, shoot me a PM!

If you don't care about that, perhaps this server is not your cup of tea.
Be faithful in the face of death
And I will give you the crown of life

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:38 pm

First of all, if you feel that something not appropriate happened to your character, please report the incident to the Active DM group and they investigate the issue.

From an RP point of view: I don't think any character with good alignment would tolerate walking zombies at certain places (cities and their surroundings). If you are a wizard, I would suggest using the summoning creature spells, nobody would have any issues with a wolf/bear/tiger/etc summon.
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

Aftond

Post by Aftond » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:47 pm

This entire post is self-contradictory. If you want to do actual evil things in the open, expect to get smacked for it. That is RP. You could have summoned a wolf and leveled in this carefree manner you wanted to.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:50 pm

Artenides wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:38 pm
First of all, if you feel that something not appropriate happened to your character, please report the incident to the Active DM group and they investigate the issue.

From an RP point of view: I don't think any character with good alignment would tolerate walking zombies at certain places (cities and their surroundings). If you are a wizard, I would suggest using the summoning creature spells, nobody would have any issues with a wolf/bear/tiger/etc summon.
Pretty much the above. Shoot us a PM if there was a violation of our PvP rules, or if you have questions. It sounds like you may not be aware that undead are evil and on a RP server, most characters will destroy such beings.
Please don't feed my sister.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:21 pm

The thing to remember is just because undead is out doesn't give a person the right to just attack without some rp. But when you ran/walked away, then they are then free to chase you and smite it. Generally the player will give you a few warnings to get rid of it and if you don't then they try to smack it. But if you simply walk away or run they are then free to chase you down. Most good/nature/neutral people usually frown upon undead being out in the open. If someone simply walks up and attacks it, report it. But if you simply ignore them and run/walk away then they can attack it if they catch it.