Be Kind: a proposed corollary - "Be considerate"

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Be Kind: a proposed corollary - "Be considerate"

Post by Queen Titania » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:19 am

In some recent investigations, noticed the below that I would say should be avoided, and adding here for reference:

1: Don't call out bad spelling IG. There are a variety of factors, including ESL, that can cause it, and insulting it can actually be hurtful to the player.

2: Do not call out RL disabilities IG. You shouldn't mention it of a character at all, especially if it applies to the player behind it. This can be very hurtful, even if its mentioned in passing to someone else.

As for the rule, be considerate definitely should not be a corollary. Players are entitled to be treated nice, but being IC is also essential to the game. Which I stress, game. Don't forget it is just a game in the end. If you are getting too attached, take a break. It will always be there when you get back.
Please don't feed my sister.

Seekeepeek

Re: Be Kind: a proposed corollary - "Be considerate"

Post by Seekeepeek » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:36 am

MissEvelyn wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:41 pm
Echohawk wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:28 pm

I really wish passive aggressive crap like this could be ended personally. If we're going to go on about being 'courteous', because there's some people playing who seem to lack common sense or decency.
I really don't see anything wrong with this message. It's all IN-CHARACTER, thus you shouldn't take it personally.

The only thing you can take from this is that you can't do anything about it, unless the person who sent it decides to act up on and do more. Other than that, your character literally has no lead other than speculation.

But that message isn't for you. It's for your character. You are not your character.
bleh... i hate people that can't separate a speedy messenger from them self.
what's with all the personality and ** in that speedy? in my humble opinion the speedy service is there to deliver mouth-to-mouth replies not an actor from Hollywood that portraits your most inner feelings. i really wish they'd change the speedy service to include the undisguised name of the sender:

the message from Sam Jack was: blah blah.

people that hide behind anonymity will always troll.