Please Be Courteous With Rented Ships

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Rockstar1984

Please Be Courteous With Rented Ships

Post by Rockstar1984 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:17 am

Sometimes when I go to use the Liberator or the Warship in Sencliff, both of them will be rented to a character who isn't even online. And this gets really frustrating. It should be a common courtesy when renting a ship that if you are done with it you release it. Otherwise it just stays in your character's name for a while and no one else can use it until the rental expires. The ship sits there, unable to be used by people who want to use it.

So please if you rent a ship then release it once you are done with it.

Oh the year was 1778...

Artenides

Re: Please Be Courteous With Rented Ships

Post by Artenides » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:01 am

I would like to second this!
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:02 am

Yeah Cordor, be courteous and release the Flagship when you're done with it.
20 RPR GANG

flower

Post by flower » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:08 am

It is rented 24 hrs IG (are we speaking of temporary boats i hope) and when you sail to for example Skal, is no way to send it back other than let it expire.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:08 am

Exactly. And sometimes people forget. Can't hurt to put a reminder sign, maybe, but it's not something we'll enforce. It at least expires after 24 game hours.

If we're doing a reminder notice, please be courteous with any property. Know when to let go.
Please don't feed my sister.

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Yeah I guess if you sail it to Skal and intend to stay in Skal you don't have much choice. I'm mostly speaking of the Warship and Liberator which I frequently see docked in Sencliff but rented to players not online. Or sometimes one is actively being used, and the other is blocked off like that. Gets pretty frustrating. It's also possible that people crash and can't get in. But there are definitely players that probably don't think about it.

Putting up an ic reminder sign isn't a bad idea.

Oh the year was 1778...

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:35 pm

I heard it can be hard early levels as a porate so it doesnt surprise me some of the would sail to Skal at first, I actually thought of doing something similar.
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:11 am

I recently had an encounter with The Liberator. A pirate tried to rob my toon's ship, The Timberfleet. My toon killed the pirate. The pirate was not rezzed since my toon does not have a rezz nor she have any access to any shrines, and also I didnt have enough time IG, had to logout.

But then Timberfleet was still grappled by The Liberator... Having no other mechanical choice, I had to bash the grappling iron so I can continue on sailing. I couldnt go on-board The Liberator either. SO....The Liberator may have been left afloat at sea.....

Apologies....

Suggestion though, maybe we can implement in code, that when a ship's grappling iron is bashed, it goes automatically back to its home port? At least for the rental ships...
Or iimplement that if the current renter goes to Fugue/dies, they loose the rented ship... and the ship goes back to fort so other pirates can rent it? Just a thought.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-