Are the Thieving rules changed at all?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Are the Thieving rules changed at all?

Post by Queen Titania » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:41 pm

I would be more worried about the server becoming sentient and taking over than pickpockets becoming an excessive issue.
Please don't feed my sister.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Durvayas wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:05 pm
DM Titania wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:55 pm
As said above, the rules aren't changing. If you're worried about losing high amounts of stacks, start splitting.
Nowhere in the rules does it say that you can't just take a bunch of split stacks, re-organize them into one stack, and then steal that stack. There's no way to prove someone didn't do just that, or that you had your items split into stacks in the first place without taking screenshots.

How is this enforceable?
AFAIK you can't combine stacks while they're inside a container. You'd have to pull them to your inventory to do this. Each time you pull them to the inventory, unless the chest has been lag-broke, it's getting recorded. If someone reports 'someone took all of my stacks of diamonds' and then the DM's looked and saw you took and dumped and took and dumped multiple stacks of diamonds, it'll be obvious.

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:22 am

We get a message everytime a pickpocket happens with detailed information so it really is easy to figure out what happened.

http://wiki.arelith.com/Pickpocket

There is a link on the pickpocket rules if anyone new is reading!
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.

CaptainGuy

Post by CaptainGuy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:27 am

Sab1 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:32 am
Miskol wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:51 pm
R0GUE wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:01 pm
Is it possible to pick pocket say gem bags thus getting dozens and dozens of items at once?
Since the gem bag fits the 2x1 criteria, it is possible to be stolen, and you would indeed lose everything inside as well.
Keys are 1x2 and couldn't be pickpocketed. I think that things like key rings and gem pouches can't be pickpocketed. Not 100% sure but would really defat the use of a gem pouch if someone could just steal all your gems at once.
Oh geez I hope that key rings don’t make keys pick pocketable, that would be terrible. Not to mention logically inconsistent. Someone needs to do some research on that.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:28 am

I would not worry about it until it actually happens, given, pretty sure your key ring can't even be pick pocketed. Just trying to shut down any unnecessary panicky stuff.

Until you get an item that is stolen that you think should not be, assume the system covers most of the worries.
Please don't feed my sister.