NWN Premium Module: Infinite Dungeons

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Manabi

NWN Premium Module: Infinite Dungeons

Post by Manabi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:10 am

Has anyone else given this a shot? While I haven't played all of the premium modules, I believe this one is by far my favorite.

Basically, the module consists of randomly generated dungeons that can be set up depending on your class. (Rogue Dungeons, Caster Dungeons, Warrior Dungeons - you get it). The module takes place in undermountain, and it "really" is an ever changing labyrinth. Desert areas, hive areas, castle areas, UD areas - if you can find it in any of the official campaigns - you'll find it here.

The puzzles are amazing and unique to this module as far as I am aware. There is a bit of a "hit and miss" thing with some floors, but overall, I guarantee an excellent experience for the dungeon crawlers out there. I'd love to see some of the puzzles carried over to Arelith - but eh - maybe this isn't the game for such complex puzzles.

Anyway, it's also a great module for testing out vanilla builds. You really have no idea what is going to be in the next area - so it is great for the whole, "There could literally be anything behind this door"

My only complaint is that I have yet to find a merchant who sells healing kits. Also, there are no ways to revive your allies that you randomly run across.
Owlbears are the only thing keeping Arelith from the D&D experience.

Urch

Re: NWN Premium Module: Infinite Dungeons

Post by Urch » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:31 am

How did you get it to work? It just sits on that authenticating or whatever screen for me ever since they axed gamespy.

It was good fun when it did work though.
For only $1 a day you can sponsor someone with chronic altitis.

Another day, another Doug.

Manabi

Post by Manabi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:30 am

I didn't know there was a problem with it. I can't get to it if there is no internet connection, but no issues at all on my end.

I know that Bioware no longer sells the modules - but I remember I downloaded it last year sometime. You may have to redownload it.

http://files.bioware.com/neverwinternig ... taller.exe

Cihparg
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Cihparg » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:44 pm

If you have Neverwinter Nights: Diamond via GOG, you can just run this:
WARNING: Requires GOG downloader - Instantly starts a download. (172.18MB)
gogdownloader://neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition/9213

It's GOG's premium modules re-installer.

Also, I haven't played any premium modules myself yet. I've yet to finish the story, but I've been lazy.
After that, it'll be premium modules.

Beep boop.

Manabi

Post by Manabi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Ah! I didn't really care for the original story that much - but I really enjoyed shadows and hordes of the underdark. (It is sort of a part 1 & 2 thing)

The original campaign is very bland and incredibly repetitive. (go here, fight a boss, collect this object, and return to me for 20-30 hours). HotUD was amazing, though.

Urch

Post by Urch » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:27 am

Ah Cihparg, I tried that. Seems as though Neverwinter Nights diamond from GOG doesn't come with the .dat file needed to play Infinite dungeons. It has kingmaker, Shadow Guard and Witch's Wake, but not infinite dungeons.

Did anyone here play Pirates of the Sword Coast? That premium module is great fun. Highly recommended.
For only $1 a day you can sponsor someone with chronic altitis.

Another day, another Doug.

AdjectiveNoun

Post by AdjectiveNoun » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:12 pm

For those attempting to play the premium modules since the authentication went down - I recently went through this out of a desire to replay Pirates.

The solution to the infinite authentication screen is to reverse the changes you make to the hosts file to get around the waiting time for multiplayer. It's a bit annoying to have to flick back and forth, but if you let it try to connect to the default master server it should let you through authentication almost immediately and allow you to play.

As far as I'm aware, the .dat file is for CD-key based authentication (provided with the GOG copies and with physical CD copies as an alternative to web-based authentication), and isn't strictly needed unless you have no internet connection.