Good aligned monster

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Invader_Nym

Good aligned monster

Post by Invader_Nym » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:44 am

Can someone explain to me how to apply a normal award to get a good-aligned monster?

Do I select an evil alignment in character creation, and then apply the award to have it changed later, or do I select the good alignment first, and then change race after applying the award?

A little more clarity in the help files would be helpful here.

dirza

Re: Good aligned monster

Post by dirza » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:46 am

Invader_Nym wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:44 am
Can someone explain to me how to apply a normal award to get a good-aligned monster?

Do I select an evil alignment in character creation, and then apply the award to have it changed later, or do I select the good alignment first, and then change race after applying the award?

A little more clarity in the help files would be helpful here.
You pick evil aligment. Then apply award and select the good one in dialogue. Sadly it prevents you to begin with paladin, for example.

Invader_Nym

Post by Invader_Nym » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:48 am

I just wasted a normal award to play a good aligned monster, and I wasn't a monster race to start with, so it took the award without actually making any changes to my character.

I recommend adjusting it so you can't spend a medium award on 'good-aligned monster race' if you aren't a monster race.

It's not obvious in what order you're supposed to set up your character in order to apply this award.

Can I get my award back since I spent basically a year on the character I rolled?

ArcanaFTW

Post by ArcanaFTW » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Contact Dunshine to get it fixed. A similar thing happened to me, don't fret, you'll get your reward back.

Leshpar

Post by Leshpar » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:49 am

I had to get Dunshine to fix Akyrn. I couldn't get it to work right upon character creation either.