Guilds of Arelith

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Sindaglin

Guilds of Arelith

Post by Sindaglin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:21 pm

I am new to the server but not the game by any means . I am inquiring what Guilds if any are present and who and what the represent .
“ Brothers , what we do in life echoes in eternity “
Sindaglin Cu'thalion Sentinel of Myon - deceased
Arak War Chieftan of the Deep Legion -ActiveMain

Rwby

Re: Guilds of Arelith

Post by Rwby » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:21 pm

Question 1) ~ What, to you, is a 'Guild'?

Sindaglin

Post by Sindaglin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:25 pm

I used to play on a server called Storm Play it was a Lord of the Rings based server ....the guilds That were present followed along the story line as such
Rangers of the North , a group of player character humans and elves that protected the woodlan areas some servers call them factions others call the guilds . Along with these guild came guild based equipment and rules and requirements.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:29 pm

We certainly have 'Factions' your characters can join in Arelith, though I'm not sure how similar/not they'll be.

A faction in Arelith is a group of characters with similar goals and allegiances. They'll normally [but not always] have a fixed structure they call a home base, message boards in game to communicate with, some over-lap in playtime and [More recently] A discord chat-room for out of character stuff.

An excellent off the boat example is the Cordor Guard, who hang around in the Barracks and beat up stra-, uh, enforce King Edwards laws in Cordor.
There's also normally various religious groupings, such as the Banites to hang out in Minmir, or the Do-Gooders, like the Knights of the Radient Heart, who hang around in another part of Minmir and pretend it's because they don't love Bane.
The above factions are normally blindingly obvious and show off who they are to everyone, but there are many Secret[TM] factions which people might be part of and you might never know. Good examples of these include the Church of Shar, and the Church of Mask.

As with everything Arelith, with the exception of the recent outbreak of Discordness, everything these factions do/say, particularly in character, all happens within the servers of Arelith.

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:35 pm

All of the "guilds" on Arelith are in character, so that's where you have to look for them. They pop in and out of existence depending on how devoted their following is, and you can create your own organized collection of players with a minimum of effort.

Sindaglin

Post by Sindaglin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Are there any Elven Guilds ???

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:50 pm

There is an Elven city, [Called Myon.] I'm not sure I'd call it a guild, but it's a place all the elves hang out and wear no pants.

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:02 pm

Sindaglin wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:46 pm
Are there any Elven Guilds ???
I don't know of any Elf specific guilds, but there probably are some. Factions are much smaller here than you're probably used to. You're not going to find a quarter of the server population all running around with guild tags. It's more likely you'll find a small group of people that all enjoy doing the same thing. Average size for an established guild is probably around ten while a very popular one might have 20-30 members at its height.

With the exception of guard organizations, it's best to think of Arelith's player made factions as groups of friends. The primary focus for most is to organize fun activities, rather than assembling an army to dominate the server. However, there are a few of those types that you'll find as well.

thingsicantdo

Post by thingsicantdo » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:21 pm

i remember a few groups of armies trying to dominate the server. i miss those days

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:37 am

Factions (as described above) come and go on Arelith. Ive been in at least a dozen of them over 12 years or so. It is common fo one person to desire to have a faction for X reason or for Z race , profession or some other common thing, and then to try and recruit other chars. If you don't find what you want try starting your own, though I recommend getting used to the server before doing that. Factions are hard work , require focus, and need tha participation of everyone or they will fail

thingsicantdo

Post by thingsicantdo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:44 am

i'm going to note that arguably the most successful faction the server has ever seen (at least, in my opinion) was started by someone under level 10, who was new to the server. it was called "The Cleaved" and seemed to employ every third character.

this result isn't typical, but don't be discouraged if you want to try your hand at it. it's a lot of work like black wendigo said, but you don't actually need anything but some aptitude for leadership and a good sense for including others

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:33 am

I would look in game IC get to know other characters and you'll begin to understand what factions exist where
There are factions or groups of affiliated players all over. Just looking at signs would identify some groups looking for people.

But yeah dive in through your character it may take a little bit, but you'll get to know characters and find what fits for your character.
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.

Da Cat

Post by Da Cat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:45 pm

thingsicantdo wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:21 pm
i remember a few groups of armies trying to dominate the server. i miss those days
I remember back when the Abyssal Army, Banites, and the Infernals would go at it in whartown and around some of the near by areas XD. Good times back then. Lol

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:44 am

Rwby wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:50 pm
There is an Elven city, [Called Myon.] I'm not sure I'd call it a guild, but it's a place all the elves hang out and wear no pants.
I can confirm this. :D
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

Dovesong

Post by Dovesong » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:12 am

Oi! Amaera wears pants!
In'iira - Woman of Many Talents.

Lily-Rose - Daughter of the storm

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:06 am

Amaera is a odd elf then.