Happy.

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Indis

Happy.

Post by Indis » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Joy
Last edited by Indis on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rwby

Re: Do I Fight fire with fire?

Post by Rwby » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Everything about this post is something that needs to be put in a private letter to the DM Team, and messaged to 'Active DMs' via the forums message system. If you're unhappy with the way they've resolved it, feel you've been ignored or mistreated, or even that the person doing it is a DM, you might want to also message 'Active Admins'.

Nothing about this post should ever be posted in public on the forums. It does no good for anyone, I promise.

[Indeed I would go so far as to say if you read my post that you edit your own and replace it with the word, 'Kittens'.]

Indis

Post by Indis » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Happy
Last edited by Indis on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:22 pm

Indis wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:20 pm
Why can't we as a community decide the best course of action? We are the ones making cash donations after all.
Arelith is set up specifically so that "Cash" is not rewarded in game in any way. This is not a play-2-win server, nor does paying money entitle you to more, or less, fun than anyone else.

The Admins decide the action, because they own the server. [And indeed, pay the "cash" to run it too.] Because they're busy people, they hire the DM Team [In a strictly voluntary capacity.] To enforce their rules and manage players in game.

Anyone is welcome to apply to join the DM Team, should you wish a say in that process.

Indis

Post by Indis » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:26 pm

Smiles
Last edited by Indis on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:27 pm

As for keeping things secret, well, that's how the staff likes to roll. It has it's own pro's and con's. Everything RWBY said is accurate about sending this in a PM, but...
Rwby wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:22 pm
Anyone is welcome to apply to join the DM Team, should you wish a say in that process.
...this is really disingenuous. You're directing him towards what is most likely a dead end and you know it.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:37 pm

JediMindTrix wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:27 pm
As for keeping things secret, well, that's how the staff likes to roll. It has it's own pro's and con's. Everything RWBY said is accurate about sending this in a PM, but...
Rwby wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:22 pm
...this is really disingenuous. You're directing him towards what is most likely a dead end and you know it.
I just wanted to make it clear that the DM Team is just comprised of us, players of Arelith, who don't have special status, didn't pay for the privilage and arn't the Admin's real life best buds or wives. Anyone can be a DM, and in my understanding, applications are simply done on the understanding of who'd make a good DM.

F

Void

Post by Void » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Indis wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:15 pm
I feel they are playing the wrong game for this sort of rubbish and need to be taught a lesson. Long story short, should we stoop to their level or just ditch our characters in the distant shores server and leave them to it (there really is no option to keep playing on Skal as it's just getting silly).
BOth of your proposed "solutions" are incredibly pointless.

Here's what you should do instead:
  • Take screenshots of the encounters, or, even better, record them and....
  • Send them to DM Teatm!
And THAT will solve your problems.

-------
Indis wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:20 pm
Why can't we as a community decide the best course of action? We are the ones making cash donations after all ( I will admit this is the wrong phrase to use and i shouldnt have mentioned it as it demeans my original point. I will reword it as "We are the ones keeping the game alive").
Because it is not job, and you are not a customer.

Trying to "make community judge someone" will result in massive flamewar and will do nothing useful. It will make more people hate each other.

That's because you, as community, have no power of banning those people. So there will be a ton of people who mean well and would try either "get back at" those who wronged them, or "educate" them, or "appeal to reason", etc.
You'll have 140 pages of argument and insults, and the problem will not be solved, because the guys in question will be still able to play. I've seen this nonsense many times, it never works.

A DM or an Admin, however, will be able to issue one command and kick those people from the server permanently.

That's why instead of exposing horrible players, people should privately report to DM team. So DM team will remove offenders from the server and so the forums won't devolve into something horrible.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:23 pm

The court of public opinion is a kangaroo court filled with utterly invalid opinions and very little facts. Let's not bring it here anymore than it already is please.

Indis

Post by Indis » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Guess I should delete this and we can go back to the hush hush, keep this kinda shit secret. Players should be kept blind and in a Eutopic environment. Very well, it's worked for many a regime in the past, why not eh?

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 pm

What you're asking to do, which is logging off a low level character and onto a high level character for the sole purpose of killing someone, is blatantly against the rules. To the point where that exact example was written as a "do not do" on the old forums under the rules section (I think they called it "Big Brothering" or something).

Doing stuff like that was a very good way to get your characters deleted or massively deleveled, back in the old days. Can't say if thats changed or not.

Indis

Re: Happy.

Post by Indis » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Here's what you should do instead:
Take screenshots of the encounters, or, even better, record them and....
Send them to DM Teatm!
And THAT will solve your problems.

Erm, do you seriously think we haven't already done that. I did not want to mention it as the aim was not to bash DM's. They do a good job in an ever increasingly difficult environment.

Rwby

Re: Happy.

Post by Rwby » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 pm

I remain encouraging that you take your problems to the DM Team and if that doesn't help, to the Admin Team.

Then you won't need to resort to any other activities.