goodnight sweet prince

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

MoreThanThree

goodnight sweet prince

Post by MoreThanThree » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:41 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/antho ... index.html :(

'Anthony Bourdain, the gifted chef, storyteller and writer who took TV viewers around the world to explore culture, cuisine and the human condition for nearly two decades, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.
Bourdain was in France working on an upcoming episode of his award-winning CNN series, "Parts Unknown." His close friend Eric Ripert, the French chef, found Bourdain unresponsive in his hotel room Friday morning.'
20 RPR GANG

Ozzy.nl

Re: goodnight sweet prince

Post by Ozzy.nl » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:17 pm

That is just so sad. That man had a great show and a very colorful way of telling us everything and showing all the places.

May he rest in peace.

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bct8stbZafI
Here we see him being happy for the brieftest of moments.
20 RPR GANG

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:49 pm

RIP :’(

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:57 pm

That all being sad. The man never made it a secret that he had a life full of drugs alcohol and sex. Yes he cleaned up from drugs but he has stated a few times that he never wanted to grow old and that he had lived a good life. Perhaps he just felt this was his time to go. And died happy rather then depresed.

GoboJenkins
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by GoboJenkins » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:31 pm

This was very sad news. I really appreciate his unique view and how he told his story.

RIP
- One can never have too much information.

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Ozzy.nl wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:57 pm
That all being sad. The man never made it a secret that he had a life full of drugs alcohol and sex. Yes he cleaned up from drugs but he has stated a few times that he never wanted to grow old and that he had lived a good life. Perhaps he just felt this was his time to go. And died happy rather then depresed.
No matter his reasons we can still mourn the loss of a gifted person without whom the world seems a little less colorful.

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:16 pm

Ozzy.nl wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:57 pm
Perhaps he just felt this was his time to go. And died happy rather then depresed.
Let's not glorify suicide.
20 RPR GANG

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:32 pm

I read about a group of these Latino communities holding memorials for him; a white middle-aged man. When the reporter asked why do they care so much for the death of Anthony Bourdain, they told that he never tried to explain their lives or exoticise them and always gave credit where credit was due in the restaurant business, acknowledging ethnic minorities as the working people behind the American food culture.

Didn't know anything about the guy until he died, reminds me of one of my stepdads who was this working-class chef/rocker.
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:10 pm

I feel like my words are somewhat mistaken here seeing the quotes.

No I do not glorify suicide period.

And yes we all shoild mourn the passing of a great man who knew how to entertain many people for so many years.

All I ment to say was that the man ended his life on his own terms. As he wanted it.