Ravenloft POTM Launch Week

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Ravenloft POTM Launch Week

Post by Irongron » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:55 pm

I've thrown the weight of our promotional apparatus to help get the word out the Ravenloft server's EE launch, featuring it both on our home page and twitter account.

To those of you that don't know, likely those that joined NWN with the launch of the Enhanced Edition, 'Ravenloft Prisoners of the Mist' was always one of the largest and most successful NWN servers after our own. I'm really happy to see that they're finally migrating to the EE, and I hope we can do our part to make their launch week successful!

It's been great to see how popular Arelith has been on EE, but I also think it is important that there are plenty of other servers out there, offering a real choice to our players.

I'm posting this on the Shanty as I know many of our current players have also tried out Ravenloft in the past, and should be able to give some feedback of their experiences.

Here's wishing them all the best for the launch!

StrykerMontgomery

Re: Ravenloft POTM Launch Week

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:59 pm

Ravenloft is solid stuff and definitely a completely different cup of tea than Arelith.

I personally miss shadowthieves a little bit too although arelith eogue scene has massively improved since then.
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:25 pm

I've played Ravenloft and it's a lot of fun. Some of their systems are really smashing and their atmosphere is brilliant! Anyone who's looking for darker, gritter game, or who's just wanting a change of scene for a bit? I really recommend it.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:44 pm

Grats to PotM, one of their devs is a close friend of mine so i hope the best for 'em

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Was never my cup of tea but I wish them all the best in their EE migration :).

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:13 am

Could give a try. Maybe I make a undead hunter inspired by the Castelvania-series with battleaxe and whip! :D
Thanks for posting this.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

TraumaTeam

Post by TraumaTeam » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 am

As a refugee from the "Amia" server I have loved Arelith and much of it felt familiar sharing as it does a common root with the "Amia" but I am intrigued by this Ravenloft and I am currently downloading the required files from the workshop.

Anyone trying out Ravenloft want to meet up there?

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:20 pm

The funny thing is, some Ravenloft people came here after EE, and told other Ravenloft people how good this server is and that they should try it.

TraumaTeam

Post by TraumaTeam » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Just spent several hours trying to make a character there and reading up on the custom changes and stuff, there is a lot and on top of that I am not familiar with the setting.

Felt like a fish out of water immediately and nothing is familiar lol their rests are different the heal kits are different ! its a lot to figure out and frankly to me quite overwhelming. I am just beginning to get my head around some of the Arelith basics!

First impression is that a lot of imagination and love and knowhow went into that server but its not for the novice player I literally have no idea what to do there as even the mechanics have been heavily altered.
It has a vertical learning curve as far as figuring out what to do, and how to do it and I am not sure its for me, seems to be nothing going but rp in the Inn as apparently stepping outside is instadeath lol

Also and it may seem a minor point to some but there is no way to archive or delete characters so my vault is now home to several lvl 1 characters generated whilst talking with people on their discord help channel.

Huschpfusch

Post by Huschpfusch » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:44 pm

*whispering while passing by, ghosting through the forums*
Wanderers of the mists, let it be known offishially now and here, that the "Board of Awesome", as once was put in the Guldorand crypts lowest level by hand of stupid autistic exchange (dusk) elf, sports at least two messages linked to the image of Strahd von Zarovich as depicted in the tabletop Ravenloft campaign setting book (First Printing March 2016) page 8.
More precisely: The silly messages with mathematical male-vampirism-formulas and the one with the bleeding vampire and the razor blade. (Dont know if that silly board including the silly messages is still there though.)
And let it be known also that these be the reason no character of Huschpfuschian design shall probably ever walk the online lands of Barovia. (Strahd´s cold and cruel hand would be in their faces waaaaay to fast.)
Now if you all excuse me, I have a birthday party to attend to!
*whispering something about "Comedic creampie" hovers away from the realm of forums to pay a tabletop visit to castle Ravenloft*
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"